New to Victory | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

New to Victory

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by double r, Mar 14, 2021.

1. double r

double r New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2003 V92TC
    Hi everyone. My name is Rick. And a new Victory owner. Now having said that. I’ve been riding Harley 12 years on rode. Always been a HARLEY GUY however. I have always admired the Victory product. Never rode one. But liked all the tech. In the machine. Well. The opportunity. Came for me to buy my first Victory. I’ve had softails. Two of them. A dyna. Street glide. Sporty. Now. This V92TC. 2003 model. Is hands down a better machine than any one of them. It’s more comfortable. More ergonomically set up for riders comfort. It’s way more nimble. My street glide was clumsy. Compared to this machine. The motor transmission primary. The entire driveline operates. Smoother quieter. The transmission doesn’t bang and clunk. Easy to find neutral. Foot controls such as shifter pegs. And brake. Not in awkward positions. Like the HD touring bikes. I had to lift my foot out from under the brake pedal on street glide. And couldn’t find a comfortable place on left side due to. Shifter pegs in the way of having full use of floor board. Not so much on this victory. I have 200 miles in the saddle. And I CANNOT find anything I do not like about this machine. Nor can I find any reason to ever buy another Harley again. If and when I buy a newer machine. It will be an Indian or newer Victory. But. I’m really liking this machine. My only complaint. No leather wrapped hard bags. Like the cross country. Viking makes a nice set. But. If I could retro fit those off a cross country. I would be GOLDEN. Have a great day. Any dos or dont’s. What to look for keep an eye on. Lmk. Thanx.

2. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    Welcome from sunny AZ! Vics are great bikes, welcome to the fold.

now share some pics of that beauty!

3. double r

double r New Member

2003 V92TC

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    Howdy!

Just wait until you ride a newer Vic with the larger boards. Talk about room to move and plenty of foot positions.

Nice looking bike!

5. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    Welcome to thevog.net and to Victory ownership double r. Just a word of caution, you may not want to ride a slightly modified Cross Country. You’ve been given fair warning.
    Also, there is a wealth of information on here about the V92. Ask all the questions you can think about and solicit all the feedback you can.

6. double r

double r New Member

2003 V92TC
    I will say this. When I was researching this machine. And read it put out more rear wheel horse power and torque. Stock. Than the HD twin cam. With a screaming eagle big bore kit installed. I became extremely interested. When I picked it up. It was a 120 mile ride home. You can feel the better torque curve. Than the HD twin cams. At 100mph. This machine feels so sure footed and stable. I can’t say that about any HD I’ve owned. The sof tail was best. But this. Nothing like it. I gouge on it. This bike just keeps going. It never stops pulling. Polaris in my humble opinion. Built this bike. To be riden every way. And to out shine. Other v-twin cruisers. And I do not ever, after 12 years HD ownership. Ever being one again. The more I ride it. The less I like HD.

7. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    Better late than never but I sure wish more guys found this out when Victory was alive... Maybe they still would be.

With a 2021 Vision with a liquid cooled motor available I wouldn't be in my position of figuring out what a next bike may be. That would already solved.

8. Blowndodge

Blowndodge Well-Known Member

2013 Victory XCT
    Yea well Polaris screwed the pooch.. I would have never left victory if they did give us a liquid cooled advanced Vision or CCT. But they didn't. Can't do Indian even if they fully dressed the Challenger still couldn't do it.

9. Daddio

Daddio Well-Known Member

'13 XCT Road-Grime Brown, '09 Buell XB12XT Ulysses, the faster black one
    Just curious, @double r : Do yo get paid by the "." (period?)

10. oldroadrunner

oldroadrunner Active Member

Betewen cities and states
    If you don't know already... google the vitory motorcycle videos from the vic shop and witchdoctor. Maybe the lloyds place?