New to Victory - Thoughts on Highball | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

New to Victory - Thoughts on Highball

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Highball_Underdog, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Highball_Underdog

Highball_Underdog New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Highball
    Hey Guys,

I just bought my first cruiser, it’s a 2016 Victory Highball with 4,000 miles that I got on auction in Texas. From what I can tell, I got a hell of a deal. Clean title, owned outright. Paid $5,500 + $700 to ship it out to Utah.

It should be here on the 24th, but in the mean time, I’d love to hear people’s thoughts on their experience with the Highball or Victory bikes in General.

I’m also curious to hear of any recommended upgrades for the bike; passenger seat, pipes and air delivery, leave it stock? I’m open to ideas. Thanks in advance, this seems like a great forum. I’m stoked to own a victory, and excited to hear from those that came before me.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum! Tons of great info here on all you mentioned above and more. Sit down, strap in and read read read.

3. mdhall41

mdhall41 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Vision
    Welcome! Everyone here loves the Vics... that's why we're here. I come from the land of the steel frames (pretty much all the cruiser style bikes have a nearly identical steel frame and different fenders, lights. etc.). Steel frames include the Judge, Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin, Jackpot, Boardwalk, and of course Highball (might have missed 1-2). The Kingpin and Hammer have inverted forks, and some have slightly different heights due to rim size, etc. Great bunch of bikes that have one of the best engines ever to grace two wheels - lots of great options to really open up the engine for a little more performance if you're into that sort of thing. The Vog is a great resource and the people here have been extremely helpful for me.

I had a Judge and really enjoyed it until I got my Vision which ruined me... now whenever I leave the house my wife just assumes she'll see me the next day or even later. As Cap says - "I can do this all day" and that's what I love about the Vision. The highball was another model I considered when I got the Judge... really like the factory apes, not overly done, just enough to look good and still function. The whitewalls look great, but good luck finding replacement tires with such in the brand you like most. Either way - you got a nice bike!

Welcome aboard... be sure to post some more pics when she arrives!

4. Highball_Underdog

Victory Highball

Thanks for all of the info man! I’ve been all over this forum reading up on whatever I can. I’ll be sure to post more pics and specific questions once I’ve had the chance to take it out and get a better feel for what I want to do.

5. Blazed40

Blazed40 Member

Hardball
    I have a hardball and have always wanted a highball to compliment it as my solo ride.

6. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Great bike. Love the white and black theme with red accent. The motor is solid as is the gear driven transmission. If your looking to add performance ( if it’s still stock ) then a set of pipes ( call Conquest Customs ) air kit ( call Lloyds ) and a tuner ( call Noemntz) will be in your future. Keep the oil changed frequently and you’ll be good to go. congrats on what I consider the best steel frame Vic and welcome to the Vog.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Highball_Underdog

Victory Highball
    hell yeah. Thanks man! You’ll hear more from me once I’ve got it out here. Thanks for the info.

8. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    I edited my post. If you re read ........ well just a few words but welcome man. Glad your diggin that HB.

9. mdhall41

mdhall41 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Vision
    You can't just mention oil all casual like that... What kind, what weight, what color, how often, where to buy, what about winter... It's anarchy around here these days... For all we know this poor fella hasn't been through the oil threads!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. KeepRidin!

KeepRidin! Well-Known Member

2008 Victory Vegas Jackpot
    Highball_underdog, I've never rode one, but the High Ball's look badass!

If you haven't already, check out this 5 part series on Youtube...

11. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    My recomendations would be to always fully warm up the bike before riding it, and then a few easy miles before you rail on the throttle.
    Keep the tire pressures correct, and replace the wire wheels with mags.
    Those bikes are just plain cool.

hb1.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  12. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Wow. Diggin the mags. Great choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Oh no ..... ole slick ain’t letting him off that easy. First you spend a rainy / snowy weekend indoors and you read for 12 hours a day. Only to come to the conclusion that you still feel the need to ask the question here on the Vog amongst other on line info forums pertaining to these wonderful machines “ so what oil should I use ? “
    Never in the history of motorcycle forum participation has there been a more asked question on this subject with involvement from so many. Some useful and some not so much. Yet we still seek the ultimate answer with only a few willing to step up ( the same few ) and give their perception of what is the best oil for my Victory. So in an on going effort to not convince but to suggest I would like to offer a few.

First and foremost. If their is ever any doubt and your not sure of what to use then keep it simple and just use the Vic oil Kit. No brainer here. Many still do and it’s perfect. As Lloyd once quoted ( see his info site on his web site )
    “ no reason to pop the top off a bottle of anything else “

now Slick doesn’t give in that easy with a market full of so much better ??? Oh hell naw !!
    Spectro and Amsoil jumped on the wagon with both blending a 20/40 labeled for Victory and Indian motorcycles and both are excellent choices. Spectro golden 4 semi synthetic will be the choice that many Victory mechanics will recommend you use particularly because of the semi synthetic blend which they feel is a safer bet for our questionable clutch. However speaking to many and Amsoil rep And deciding to try it for myself the full synthetic Amsoil has proven itself for 20,000 miles on my bike.

you want choices ? Ones that work with no reverse negative effects ? On my bike atleast ?
    There you go. 3 just 3.

Yep .... I know I’m running now a very lubricating top tier Motul 7100 T 10/40 in my bike now but this is just a test. One I may regret if my clutch starts to slip but so far the clutch is rock solid and the motor is super smooth as well as shifting. True I have mentioned more engine sounds but honestly I think it’s because I am actually trying to listen for them and riding more with no music playing ( 600watts) than I usually do...... so obviously I need to re think maybe what I’m listening to. An over head cam motor. Not bad noises at all. More like a mechanical symphony of a true power plant.
    ride on ......!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1