New (to me) Victory Vegas Low owner and new to forum | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

New (to me) Victory Vegas Low owner and new to forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TexasGirl, Jun 3, 2011.

1. TexasGirl

TexasGirl New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Vegas Low
    After owning 6 Harleys and been without for over a year, I purchased a used 2009 Victory Vegas Low, pearl white with swept exhaust. The power and performance was everything I had read about. Not crazy about the skull cheese wedge installed on it but I'll hunt for replacement as I browse around here. I did order a windshield, backrest, floor boards and solo luggage rack that I'm anxiously awaiting to arive. Have to say being a short female rider who likes some get up and go in her bike, I've been real impressed with the bike (save the backfire issue) It is a real confidence booster and I'm learning to ride to eliminate above mentioned backfire. Bike is easy to back, turn and get out of the way when I need to! Look forward to reading what experienced owners have learned about modifying their bikes and what after market accessories there are out there.

2. dsjr70

dsjr70 Well-Known Member

08 Vegas Low x 2, Vegas LE # 001, Cross Roads LE # 001, High Ball, Vegas 8-Ball, Cross Country, Vision, Cross Roads
    Welcome, great choice of bikes. For a nice cheese wedge go to http://cycleopsusa.com/store/index.html scroll about halfway down and you will see allot of nice custom ones. Don

3. bored76

bored76 Well-Known Member

2010 Vic XR
    For the backfire issue check into an Idle Air Valve from Lloydz Motorworks. The backfire issue seems to be a common problem with upgraded exhausts and the closed loop fuel system, and this seems to be a good fix. http://lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000078

4. TexasGirl

TexasGirl New Member

Victory Vegas Low
    Thanks, those are nice. I'm hoping to find somebody with the stock ones and work a trade towards mine. Will post in marketplace later. I'm not interested in paying that much for a cheese wedge...at least not today!

5. TexasGirl

TexasGirl New Member

Victory Vegas Low
    Have you tried this personally? I'm reading mixed reviews on its effectiveness. I do already have a call into Lloydz to discuss though.

6. bored76

bored76 Well-Known Member

2010 Vic XR
    I have not tried it personally as my bike doesn't have poping issues (2010 XR with stage 1). I believe it was just the 100 ci engines that seemed to have this problem. I'm waiting for a reply from a friend who has an 08 or 09 Vegas with swept exhaust and poping issues. A reflash of the ecu solved part of the problem, but not completely. Also one other thing to look at is air leaks. You may not see them, as they can be really small, but this can be a problem at the flanges. Here is an article on the air leak issue. http://www.vision-riders.com/lloydz-blog.asp

7. TexasGirl

TexasGirl New Member

Victory Vegas Low
    Great article. More in depth than what I had already read. Fortunately, my boyfriend is a really good mechanic and will look into this. Let me know what your friend says about his. I sincerely appreciate the detailed info!

8. FishWitch

FishWitch New Member

Yay !!! More Lady Vicsters!! Congrats on the new bike. You're in for a lot of fun. Check your PM

9. dsjr70

dsjr70 Well-Known Member

08 Vegas Low x 2, Vegas LE # 001, Cross Roads LE # 001, High Ball, Vegas 8-Ball, Cross Country, Vision, Cross Roads
    I have heard allot of mixed reviews also. From personal experience I have seen two people put it on their bikes and it cleared up all their issues. I know three people that say it didnt change anything. Now it could be those three people have another problem or the bikes are just tempermental?

10. TexasGirl

TexasGirl New Member

Victory Vegas Low
    After reading several tech articles by Lloydz, I'm going to start by checking everything for air leaks. This apparently is common in the Victory models like mine. If that doesn't solve it, we will try the other items. Could be those three you mention had air leaks to begin with. According to article I read, even the brand new bikes can be found with them so I'm hoping that's the case. Fortunately for me, mine rarely does it. If I come to a stop without downshifting through all the gears, I have no problems. Just coast to a stop and put it in first. If I power break down by downshifting, it backfires. I live in low altitude, dry heat. Not sure if that helps it but just hasn't been a big deal for me. I'd still like to cure it if I can though.

11. Trekwolf164

Trekwolf164 Well-Known Member

Victory Vision,Slingshot
    Welcome please post some pictures

12. TexasGirl

TexasGirl New Member

Victory Vegas Low
    Got some in my photo album - see profile page

13. Trekwolf164

Trekwolf164 Well-Known Member

Victory Vision,Slingshot
    [​IMG] Very nice bike. Ride safe

14. Keith Grey

Keith Grey Grouchy Old Member

None
    Welcome! And good luck. Let us know what you figure out. Good looking ride. Keith

15. TexasGirl

TexasGirl New Member

Victory Vegas Low
    Thanks!