VOG Forum banner
61 - 80 of 128 Posts

· Registered
4,503 Posts
^^^ is only funny because it’s true^^^

· Registered
35 Posts
mo pics needed mark, mo' pics puhlease!!!!;)
I wasn't ever able to get my speedo unlocked (which would be nice), but I did add the Polaris Outside Air Temp kit #2875949, I got it off amazon a few years ago for around $15, I think it was meant for SxS or snomobiles. But, After plugging it in (fits, and pugs into a spot in the headlight assembly) it unlocked a new screen and gave me OAT. Worth a shot if you can find one, it now shows unavailable from the seller I got it off Amazon though.

· Registered
2,176 Posts

· Registered
2,176 Posts
They handle dirt roads surprisingly well, with the long travel suspension making it surprisingly comfortable while doing so. The Hard Ball bars brings your weight forward, and also let's you stand up on the floor boards for better control in sand. And if you stuff it up and drop it, the crash protection is very well engineered. Hard Balls have the extra advantage of having an easy to touch up paint job.
And more Grunt too!
Rode my old Vegas in the dirt once and lotsa fun roosting it up!
Till I got a rock in my belt!!!
Pea size and central so I removed it, the pea rock not the belt!
Was good till I put a new belt on and old holed one is hanging on the wall still as a spare.

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Crockett Powersports called today with an update on unlocking the Hard-Ball (Cross Roads) speedometer.

“Polaris no longer supports or offers this service.”

I asked them if I had a calibration card for Tri Ovals would they be able to download that fuel map. The answer was ‘I think so’. I’m not sure if that’s the case or not. Why would Polaris still allow a new fuel map download when they stopped a speedometer upgrade download.

What a-holes Polaris is run by. All they had to do with Victory is basically nothing. Yet they chose, and continue to choose, to hurt the brand on many levels. Creeps!
Foolaris would love it if all Victory's disappeared into a black hole or dissolved into the ether.
Then they wouldn't have the embarrassment of a motorcycle that foils up their 1901 ***** bull**** story.
They can go **** themselves!

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Polanus is a bunch of freakin penises
I'd put it even harsher than that but I'd just get censored like I just did cos we can't tell it like it is.
They're a bunch of can'ts!

• Agree
Reactions: Bikesofbrads

· Registered
4,503 Posts
I'd put it even harsher than that but I'd just get censored like I just did cos we can't tell it like it is.
Is why I said it like I said it haha

Reactions: Motorbikerx

· Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Unbelievable:

I’m in Louisville, KY today working with an account. It’s a long round trip day from Chattanooga. The appointment went well and also quick. So I open up the Victory Motorcycles webpage to see who used to be a Victory dealer in the area.

Yamaha of Louisville- sure why not, it’s on my way towards home as well. They didn’t have anything Victory showing except a Victory sign over their Service desk. The woman behind the counter, Inge, couldn’t have been more pleasant. So I asked her if she knew anything about the Cross Roads speedometer upgrade. She knew right off they couldn’t buy new cards from Polaris but she writes down three dealer’s the Polaris system shows have them in stock. That’s fantastic! Too bad my local dealer didn’t know this.

As Inge was paging through the 2016 Accessories Catalog for the speedometer upgrade item number, she stopped at a page with the Tri Ovals. I mentioned to her I had a nos all chrome set that Leaders was blowing out years ago. We chatted a bit about how silly it was for them to sell them so cheap. I asked Inge if by chance the all black Tri Ovals could still be ordered. Inge looks up the item number and says “no, but our system shows we have a set in stock.” I jokingly said, great, for the same $200 Leaders blew them out for?

Inge goes to the Parts room to confirm if they actually had them. She quickly returns with a never opened, slightly shelf aged box of all black Tri Ovals. We opened the box and sure enough, everything is present. The Polaris Victory Performance air cleaner, a calibration card, instructions and two separate boxes with the mufflers.

Inge - “You need to buy a lottery ticket!”
Me - $200?
Inge - No, then after typing on her computer and saying they were likely in the eBay pile. She says $450?
Me - $350?
Inge - $400?
Me - out the door?
Inge - Sure, I can make that happen.

Like I said, unbelievable! A nos Victory Cross bike set of all black Tri Ovals.

Oh yea, I’ll be buying a lottery ticket on my way home. I really love the aesthetics of the Tri Ovals on a Victory.

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Your lucky day!!!!

• Agree
Reactions: parker3

· Registered
34 Posts
Good job, I always liked the look of the Hard Ball. Hope you find away to unlock the speedo.

· Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
@541RF, I may have two options regarding unlocking the speedometer. Yesterday Inge gave me the names and numbers of 3 dealers the Polaris parts system showed have the speedometer unlocking card with code in stock. Like the Tri Ovals calibration card, the speedometer unlocking option requires a calibration card with a numerical code. I haven’t called any of those dealers yet but I’ll do so today.

Secondly, it’s been reported on this forum where plugging in the temperature sensor probe, (short wiring harness) in the headlight bucket connector may unlock the additional speedometer features. But I’m not sure about that. The temperature probe for the CR uses the same item number as the temperature probe used in the CCT fairing for the same function.

When I was at my local dealer last week with the Hard-Ball connected to their Digital Wrench, all that was needed was a numerical code for the technician to enter. If I had one, I suspect it would have worked.

My local dealer told me Polaris no longer offers that service. Which is true, they no longer offer new calibration cards with new code numbers to unlock the CR speedometer features. I never thought about seeing if any other dealers had those calibration cards in stock. Unlocking the additional CR speedometer features was a $50 charge.

· Registered
34 Posts
@541RF, I may have two options regarding unlocking the speedometer. Yesterday Inge gave me the names and numbers of 3 dealers the Polaris parts system showed have the speedometer unlocking card with code in stock. Like the Tri Ovals calibration card, the speedometer unlocking option requires a calibration card with a numerical code. I haven’t called any of those dealers yet but I’ll do so today.

Secondly, it’s been reported on this forum where plugging in the temperature sensor probe, (short wiring harness) in the headlight bucket connector may unlock the additional speedometer features. But I’m not sure about that. The temperature probe for the CR uses the same item number as the temperature probe used in the CCT fairing for the same function.

When I was at my local dealer last week with the Hard-Ball connected to their Digital Wrench, all that was needed was a numerical code for the technician to enter. If I had one, I suspect it would have worked.

My local dealer told me Polaris no longer offers that service. Which is true, they no longer offer new calibration cards with new code numbers to unlock the CR speedometer features. I never thought about seeing if any other dealers had those calibration cards in stock. Unlocking the additional CR speedometer features was a $50 charge.
I never understood why Polaris locked some of the features anyway. If you do not have the optional kit installed it would not work and when installed, it would. My thinking. Hope it works for you.

· Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
I called a dealer in KY today (JPM) about the CR speedometer upgrade card. They had it and gave me a 10% discount. The MSRP is only $50. If it doesn’t ship today it’ll go out to me on Tuesday.

I’ll get the temperature sensor harness on order this evening.

There’s a FL dealer on eBay asking for an opening bid of $200 for the same CR speedometer upgrade card. Creeps.

That same FL dealer on eBay has a nos all black stage 1 Tri Ovals kit with an opening bid over $1K. I asked them if they’d consider trading my all chrome kit for their all black kit. I offered to bring it in so they could verify everything and no one would have any shipping expenses. I thought that an all chrome set would be sought after more than an all black set. I could be wrong but regardless, they had zero interest.

· Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 · (Edited)
Tonight I was able to install the all black Tri Ovals, change out the 1/4 turn Zeus saddlebag fittings for a bolt and a clip on nut, install the passenger hold on strap I removed from my CCT years ago as well as replace the brake and shifter pegs for some black billet ones I had in my toolbox. The shifter toe peg came off ok but I had to cut off the rubber and use vise grips to remove the brake toe peg.

As usual, the right oem muffler came off without much effort. Not so lucky on the left side. I had to use a lot of Liquid Wrench penetrating oil over a couple of hours for it to finally break free.

I also removed the headlight cover so I could locate the expected connections for the oem heated grips I’ll install as well as a set of driving lights. The connection is under the seat for an oem CCT heated seat option but I don’t have one of those yet either.

Tomorrow I’ll finally remove the tank to change the fuel filter, the air filter and do a general cleaning under there.

I didn’t replace the exhaust covers just before each muffler as I’ll drop them off tomorrow at a local powder coater.

I think perhaps whoever built the spoked wheels for Polaris turned the rear rim around. The tube air valve is on the left of the rim. Not in the center like the front and not on the right side. It would be easier to check and adjust the rear tire air pressure if the tube valve was on the right side. Oh well, I’ll get a FOBO Bike 2 for this bike as well as replace the rear spoked wheel for a cast wheel once I get one.

· Registered
648 Posts
Tonight I was able to install the all black Tri Ovals, change out the 1/4 turn Zeus saddlebag fittings for a bolt and a clip on nut, install the passenger hold on strap I removed from my CCT years ago as well as replace the brake and shifter pegs for some black billet ones I had in my toolbox. The shifter toe peg came off ok but I had to cut off the rubber and use vise grips to remove the brake toe peg.

As usual, the right oem muffler came off without much effort. Not so lucky on the left side. I had to use a lot of Liquid Wrench penetrating oil over a couple of hours for it to finally break free.

I also removed the headlight cover so I could locate the expected connections for the oem heated grips I’ll install as well as a set of driving lights. The connection is under the seat for an oem CCT heated seat option but I don’t have one of those yet either.

Tomorrow I’ll finally remove the tank to change the fuel filter, the air filter and do a general cleaning under there.

I didn’t replace the exhaust covers just before each muffler as I’ll drop them off tomorrow at a local powder coater.

I think perhaps whoever built the spoked wheels for Polaris turned the rear rim around. The tube air valve is on the left of the rim. Not in the center like the front and not on the right side. It would be easier to check and adjust the rear tire air pressure if the tube valve was on the right side. Oh well, I’ll get a FOBO Bike 2 for this bike as well as replace the rear spoked wheel for a cast wheel once I get one.
My spoked rear wheel has 2 holes for valve stems, one fitted with a rubber bung. When I got the rim sealed they swapped the in use hole to the one on the right side.

· Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Tonight the air filter and the fuel filter were changed. Here’s the Before picture: Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

The oem air filter wasn’t as dirty as I was expecting. The underside of the filter was in good shape.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Exhaust system

· Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 · (Edited)
I did have a mishap with the fuel filter. No, the fuel pump nipple still is and was fine. But the small ‘tit’ the fuel filter retaining clip goes on did break off. I was very careful taking the retaining ring off. Installing the new one after changing the filter is when it broke clean off. I thought about placing a plastic tye wrap around it to help hold the fuel filter housing on but I didn’t know if they could withstand being submerged in gas. The fuel filter is basically being sucked onto the pump when the bike is on so I’m not sure how much force there is for the fuel filter housing to get blown off the fuel pump.

In hindsight I should have wrapped a piece of stainless wire around it.

The Hard-Ball sure sounds nicer with the Tri Ovals. The oem mufflers were killing me.

I did get the two cat cover/exhaust shields dropped off today. Since these cover the cats, I’m having them ceramic coated the same flat black rather than powder coated.

61 - 80 of 128 Posts