VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had Will Molino at Cycleopsusa build me a new seat and recover my trunk pads. He add tailbone relief, moved back 1 inch, added 1.5 inch to the surface and the backrest raised equally for zero loss. Covered in luxurious signature black with blue stitching and matching victory embroidery.
Very comfortable now.

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was just looking into their seat service today. Was also looking into Russel day long. I've used an Air Hawk pad with some relief but looking for a better solution to lower back issues. How is the seat feel regarding the tailbone relief? Don't mean to pry, but was wondering on the cost also since Cycle Ops does not say prices on their site.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Looks really nice. I like the blue stitching. I wouldn't mind knowing what that cost either. That and the down time from it..... Although I actually have an extra saddle so I wouldn't take have to worry about it. You got me thinking.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I was just looking into their seat service today. Was also looking into Russel day long. I've used an Air Hawk pad with some relief but looking for a better solution to lower back issues. How is the seat feel regarding the tailbone relief? Don't mean to pry, but was wondering on the cost also since Cycle Ops does not say prices on their site.
Text Will like it says. He'll get back to you and answer your questions. To many variables. IE, do you want logos, stitching, etc. Can't speak about a RDL, but I have a Utopia seat. VERY comfortable.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I rode up to Philly with a brother that was getting one of his seats done. Guy quoted me $1500 (Vision set), more $$ to do mods.

I just wanted it recovered as it's coming apart at the seams. I can ride on that seat 12-16 hrs without issues.

BTW This was not Will.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I talked to Will about redoing my CCT seat with nothing special and no add ons like logos and fancy stitching. It was around $750, but that was a year ago. Perhaps a bit more now. For that kind of money my oem CCT is fine as is. Fortunately, my original seat also looks new. Therefore I don’t have an urgency to have anything done to it

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I'm a Russells Day-Long fan. I've had one on my last 2 bikes as well. The day I bought my Victory my wife told me to make an appointment at Russells Cycle Products. We did the ride-in service so they fitted me and had it done all in one day. It's the best $850 I've spent on my Victory. You can literally ride day after day, all day long.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thanks for the info. Problem for me is Cycle Ops USA is in Fla, and Russel day long is in CA. I'm in Mass, but do have an extra stock seat so waiting wouldn't be an issue. Plus waiting paitently for Snow/ice/salt on roads to go away. I guess I'll call and talk to them and see what they come up with.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks really nice. I like the blue stitching. I wouldn't mind knowing what that cost either. That and the down time from it..... Although I actually have an extra saddle so I wouldn't take have to worry about it. You got me thinking.
Will has an exchange program, he builds the seat for you and ships it to you while you keep riding on your stock seat, when you get the new seat you then send him your stock seat, that way he always has seat pans to work with and you get to ride, so there is no down time. With all I had done, plus having the trunk pads done to match, with shipping and tax it's came to about 1200.00

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info. Problem for me is Cycle Ops USA is in Fla, and Russel day long is in CA. I'm in Mass, but do have an extra stock seat so waiting wouldn't be an issue. Plus waiting paitently for Snow/ice/salt on roads to go away. I guess I'll call and talk to them and see what they come up with.
With their exchange program, there is no waiting, he builds the seat you order, sends it to you, you then send him your seat, you don't have any down time of not being able to ride, unless of course it is weather.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
With all I had done, plus having the trunk pads done to match, with shipping and tax it's came to about 1200.00
Full disclosure.....I'm one frugal tight walleted sob but for everything you had done that's not bad, although my cheapassery has no boundaries, my wife's & I's butts do. We spend a lot of time on the bike and the more comfortable we are the less time we're wasting not moving. My stock xct seats ok ( I lost 15 pounds so not sitting on my nuts anymore whew that helped, women's weight goes straight to their hips and guess mine went to my testicles ) That passenger backrest is phenomenal, I may have to bust open the piggy bank & give that guy a call.

·
Premium Member
14,192 Posts
Just my input. Back in 2015 was looking for a seat on our 2014 8-BALL, wife complaining more then me. I called and talked to many seat mfg, AND of course reading on here. What happened, I was looking on Witchdoctors, and they had a 30 day comfort guarantee, NO ONE offered that, just said send back and will redo. SO, I told Robin send it to receive on a Tuesday because leaving on trip Thursday, with no plans as to how many days/miles. Got the ULTIMATE seat. After our ride, just over 6000 miles, as we were coming in on our driveway, about 300 yards long, my wife said...."DO NOT GET RID OF MY COUCH!" And when my 2014 8-BALL, met it's demise...I took seat off and put stock back on. It was on 8-BALL for 72,000 miles and so far 18,000 on our 2016 CCT, SHE'S HAPPY...and so am I.:ok:(Just a note, I can't use backrest, tried many, all hit my lower back where I have problems, causes hands/arms to get numb within 5 miles!)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Again another nod for the Ultimate. After rereading my above post I wrote Utopia. I do have a Utopia drivers backrest that I used with the OE seat. Got the Ultimate last season. Awesome seat.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Again another nod for the Ultimate. After rereading my above post I wrote Utopia. I do have a Utopia drivers backrest that I used with the OE seat. Got the Ultimate last season. Awesome seat.
Have always heard good things about the ultimate. Comfort, style, price. Unfortunately they don't make one for the Vision. :(

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Have always heard good things about the ultimate. Comfort, style, price. Unfortunately they don't make one for the Vision. :(
Have only sat on a Vision a couple times, but it didn't seem to be as as$ numbing as a XC. At least the park bench on mine.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Have only sat on a Vision a couple times, but it didn't seem to be as as$ numbing as a XC. At least the park bench on mine.
definitely is a comfortable seat right out of the gate, but similar to you, not sure about the XC by comparison. Love my Vision.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm a Russells Day-Long fan. I've had one on my last 2 bikes as well. The day I bought my Victory my wife told me to make an appointment at Russells Cycle Products. We did the ride-in service so they fitted me and had it done all in one day. It's the best $850 I've spent on my Victory. You can literally ride day after day, all day long.
Both my FJRs have RDLs. The next most common swap out in that world is the Laam. The RDLs for FJRs have more of a pocket/bucket for you to sit in, with side support "wings" they call them. Of the two, I think I'd want the Laam for my Vision so I can keep readjusting.

That said, my first ride on this Vision was bringing it home from Dallas, 291 miles according to Google. I stopped in Temple to have dinner with my daughter's family and topped off the tank, and near New Braunfels to pee and top off the tank. No soreness/tiredness, unlike my Houston trips on my FJR. Looking forward to seeing how far I can go in June, when I plan to ride up to help at a JDRF event in Grand Rapids. Of if there is a good weekend for an Iron Butt, maybe El Paso and back...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Had Will Molino at Cycleopsusa build me a new seat and recover my trunk pads. He add tailbone relief, moved back 1 inch, added 1.5 inch to the surface and the backrest raised equally for zero loss. Covered in luxurious signature black with blue stitching and matching victory embroidery.
Very comfortable now.
Seat looks great RLV,

Did you go from a Cross Country to a Vision? If you did, How do they compare?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 41 Posts