VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member! Love my High-ball. Fell in love when I was out with a friend while he was looking for bike. Loved it so much I signed up for a class and got my license a month later. So here is my story so far....

I purchase brand new 2016 High-ball last August. And I dumped it 7 days later. Fracturing my knee and road rashes my palms riding home to get my new gloves in the mail. On the plus side I had the worst fracture you can have, I fracture the plateau on tibial. Which means no weight could be put on the leg at all. So I spent my time ordering parts for my bike while it was being fixed. Need to replace brake lever, foot peg and mount along with handle bars and handle bar mounts and most of my dignity.

This happen in early September so my goal was to be back on the bike for a Halloween Run. I met my goal but it was a little ruff my leg was still weak but I was so happy to be back on my High-ball. I started with getting the Arlen Ness beveled collection. Grips, pegs, derby and cam covers along with the Ignition and IAC cover.

I have put a little over 1500 miles on the bike so far and I'm looking to do 2000 plus this year. I can't say enough about how happy the bike makes me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome! We've got a few Highball owners here if you ever need some insight. I see you're already addicted to changing things out. Just wait until you start going to the performance parts.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
[QUOT

I have put a little over 1500 miles on the bike so far and I'm looking to do 2000 plus this year.

[/QUOTE]
2000 miles? Is that before Easter?

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Sounds like you got bit by the bug hard!
Congrats on the nice ride.
Take some more classes.
Trust me the learning goes on.
A nice long trip will help too! :hihi:

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Welcome aboard! Congrats on the new Vic!

Once you start with the mods, they never stop. It does give you something to do during the off season or while you are on injured reserve. Good to hear you are back up and riding.

·
Super Moderator
26,098 Posts
2000 miles? It's a Vic. You don't need to be gentle.

Nice to have you and let's keep the rubber down from now on.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
SWEET RIDE & welcome aboard OP , damn the bad luck but glad to see your back in action. many of us here are familiar with the " off the charts " happiness these victory motorcycles can deliver, i have never been more ONE with a motorcycle in my life. ride it like you stole it but respect it because your existence is riding on it too :ride:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Last year was spend on mods for looks. This year is for performance.
[QUOT

I have put a little over 1500 miles on the bike so far and I'm looking to do 2000 plus this year.

2000 miles? Is that before Easter?[/QUOTE]
We see how the weather goes, I was able to ride a few hours yesterday but it is starting to snow again. You know Cleveland we have 2 seasons...winter and road construction.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Last a little something to make my rides better. The only down side was it wasn't delivered till Monday so I didn't get to enjoy it yet. I got it for a great deal from a user here! I can wait to install this.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
New member! Love my High-ball. Fell in love when I was out with a friend while he was looking for bike. Loved it so much I signed up for a class and got my license a month later. So here is my story so far....

I purchase brand new 2016 High-ball last August. And I dumped it 7 days later. Fracturing my knee and road rashes my palms riding home to get my new gloves in the mail. On the plus side I had the worst fracture you can have, I fracture the plateau on tibial. Which means no weight could be put on the leg at all. So I spent my time ordering parts for my bike while it was being fixed. Need to replace brake lever, foot peg and mount along with handle bars and handle bar mounts and most of my dignity.

This happen in early September so my goal was to be back on the bike for a Halloween Run. I met my goal but it was a little ruff my leg was still weak but I was so happy to be back on my High-ball. I started with getting the Arlen Ness beveled collection. Grips, pegs, derby and cam covers along with the Ignition and IAC cover.

I have put a little over 1500 miles on the bike so far and I'm looking to do 2000 plus this year. I can't say enough about how happy the bike makes me.

Love the High Ball, welcome Mr Dibble!

·
Registered
50 Posts
So Sunday was a good day here in the land of Cleve! I was able to get a little riding in and I road to the IX center for the motorcycle show. Here are a few pictures from the show.

Great choice of bike, welcome to the vog!.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.