VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Thanks to all that replied. This is the damage. I know the tip-over on both sides will need replacing also. I have restored and painted cars for years and have done my share of custom paint jobs on bikes so painting is not and issue, to save money. I had the understanding that factory parts came prepainted. I am from the Youngstown Ohio area and have limited dealers here. Now as far as the order the parts need to be installed I will need a book for that and to put the wiring back together but on a good note I can look at the good side untill fixed. Thanks again Dain

·
Registered
20 Posts
Download the 2008 manual from here. It also includes a wiring diagram.

http://www.mediafire.com/2008visioninfo

Your wiring damage appears to be to the turn signal/running light wiring. The hardest thing will be getting the connectors on the wiring harness that connect to the bulb holders that snap into the left and right light assemblies. They are part of the wiring harness which is one big piece. If necessary, you could hard wire into the bulb holders. Some parts are dealer available. Check with one and see if they can get individual connectors. There are several dealers who work nationally over email and internet.

Look up parts here. Note that there are few differences between 08, 09 and 10 models so some newer stuff will fit, such as blacked out trim and bezels from the Ness bikes.

http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

Good luck with your project. You are going to end up with a great bike.

·
Registered
343 Posts

Hi Dain, I'm new to the VOG, but not to the Vision nor to riding. If you want to sell the rear tipovers (the horizontal castings that stick out and got damaged on your bike) I will buy them from you. I don't need the hardware or the buttress support brackets, just the damaged rear tipovers. Thanks for considering that and good luck with your rebuild. Shark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.