VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Well that's good news..... At least when they start making their own engine parts and they catch fire they are close to water and can be put out fast.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I can see it now...an Indian with all that 1901 heritage next to a can am, next to a pontoon boat. Ahh yes, heritage.

Whatever Polaris!
Can Am is BRP not Polaris.

·
Registered
361 Posts
What a bunch of baloney... "are competitors are in watercraft and we're kinda' late to the party" ..... Scott Wine. BS you had a watercraft division with jet ski's and you gave it the same treatment you gave Victory at the same time you introduced Victory. So with this corporate record are you going to kill off Indian now? All for 800million cash!!

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Pontoon boats will soon become "the better horse to ride and Indian will be gone. If you think I'm just butt hurt consider this. The factory in Spirit Lake once housed 3 assembly lines. Two were used for utility vehicles and one for Victory. Then they expanded and reorganized. Space for 5 lines. One for Slingshot, two for Indian and two for Victory. Slingshot was moved to Alabama leaving only Indian operating a fraction of this factory's capacity. Guarantee Wine already has a contingency plan in place to quit Indian and shut down that plant to save all the money they're losing keeping it open.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If they "lost" so much money on Vic, and are dealing with all the recalls, why in the world are they spending $805,000,000 on a boat company. Where did the $8005,000,000 come from?
Polaris management print it out? Fake money?

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
If they "lost" so much money on Vic, and are dealing with all the recalls, why in the world are they spending $805,000,000 on a boat company. Where did the $8005,000,000 come from?
Polaris management print it out? Fake money?
They probably got it from the advertising budget for Indian. Isn't that historically the first thing they cut?

Reactions: Tenax66

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Pontoon boats will soon become "the better horse to ride and Indian will be gone. If you think I'm just butt hurt consider this. The factory in Spirit Lake once housed 3 assembly lines. Two were used for utility vehicles and one for Victory. Then they expanded and reorganized. Space for 5 lines. One for Slingshot, two for Indian and two for Victory. Slingshot was moved to Alabama leaving only Indian operating a fraction of this factory's capacity. Guarantee Wine already has a contingency plan in place to quit Indian and shut down that plant to save all the money they're losing keeping it open.
I hope not, as it would have a significant impact on the regional economy.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Can Am is BRP not Polaris.
That's the crazy part. Polaris was going to set up only Indian dealers to liken the folks who have lived in HD dealerships. And just a short year or 2 later, Indians sitting in multi brand dealerships, right next to tricycles. So why not pontoon boats I guess.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
POLE-N-R-ASS SUCKS!

I will stay clear of them boats!

WW

Reactions: don07tncav

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
That's the crazy part. Polaris was going to set up only Indian dealers to liken the folks who have lived in HD dealerships. And just a short year or 2 later, Indians sitting in multi brand dealerships, right next to tricycles. So why not pontoon boats I guess.
Earlier this year I bought my Yamaha quad at a dealership that used to have Victory and now also sells Indian...of course the Indians are kept in the corner room, not on the main floor with my quad. He!! He! He!

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
We all know what boat stands for - break out another thousand. It's a hole in the water you throw your money into. Stupid is as stupid does. I'll never forgive Polaris for cancelling the best damn American v-twin designed and built. Just returned from a 2100 mile (3400 km) ride top Boise and back. Ran flawlessly at 79K km.

So this is what the executioner of Victory looks like. Does he even ride? Or is his garage full of garage queens?

View attachment 481841

Reactions: FoFo
1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.