VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 CC, it already had lloydz intake, 505 cams, drew miller drag pipes when i bought it. tuned with all this installed, 115/115

I found the drew drag pipes unbearably loud, and after trying a few options, I settled on the triovals. I love the sound of them, and the bike still performs wonderfully, but I'm getting alot of backfire. specifically if I reduce throttle by just a little.

Anything I can do about this except go in for another tune? would this be caused by switching to a lower flow rate pipe without a tune? the drew pipes were basically straight pipes, and the triovels are baffled.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Yup, diff pipes with diff flow will cause it. You need to get it retuned.

Reactions: BenRR

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Air leak or it was poorly tuned.
If they tune sensors at end of pipe it won't be as well tuned as factory sensor locations before cats.

Tri ovals are great choice you'll like them once you get your pops figured out. I keep two sets so I can replace if necessary.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Air leak or it was poorly tuned.
If they tune sensors at end of pipe it won't be as well tuned as factory sensor locations before cats.

Tri ovals are great choice you'll like them once you get your pops figured out. I keep two sets so I can replace if necessary.
2016 CC, it already had lloydz intake, 505 cams, drew miller drag pipes when i bought it. tuned with all this installed, 115/115

I found the drew drag pipes unbearably loud, and after trying a few options, I settled on the triovals. I love the sound of them, and the bike still performs wonderfully, but I'm getting alot of backfire. specifically if I reduce throttle by just a little.

Anything I can do about this except go in for another tune? would this be caused by switching to a lower flow rate pipe without a tune? the drew pipes were basically straight pipes, and the triovels are baffled.
Like it has been said check for leaks. But do a quick test. Zero out your tune to use the stock bike map and see what happens.
If it reduces by quite a bit then retune.
I had a issue with my vision for longest time just like this. But it turned out to be a leak in the intermediate pipe that goes under and across. No matter if I sealed it and tighten the clamp it would leak I could see the black leaking from where they join. I replaced it with a take off and new clamps .Perfect again.
So in my case nothing with tuning.

·
Registered
356 Posts
When I first put the tri ovals on...... I had to wait to drive to the dealer for the flash. The tri ovals sounded like **** and made the motor sound like something was wrong. What was happening is that the ECM was having a heart attack. It was a raspy very abnormal sound. After a few quick rides the ECM started to adjust to them and the exh started to sound like an exh again. The ecm will adjust to the tri ovals. but i wouldnt put a Lloyde AF on without the flash or tune.

So the bottom line is it could be an air leak or the ecm really needs to catch up to the change. You know what you need to do if it doesnt.

If you have a " Victory Dealer " Install the Flash card... Make them prove it actually was installed. They might have laptop and download problems and not tell you. Yes it happened to me.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Lots of good thoughts here. What you have (in almost EVERY case of back firing) is air leaks. Recheck the head pipe nuts as that's the first place to start. Next just one other question (not meant to be rude either) did you put new exhaust gaskets in? I had the same issue with my Highball (tune be damned) and fixed 99.9% of it by checking and retightening the head bolts/nuts. Just be careful not to over tighten. Rock On! ;-) LMYR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts