VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Judge got a stablemate today... road back through 3 states and lots of H2O. She handles great even in the rain.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the club! @VicVisionBulldog will be along shortly with the mandatory reading and swearing in.

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
Nice! I really like that color combo!

I know you've seen this before but this time it's special. It's to you and for your as a new Vision pilot. Welcome to the club.

Unsolicited, and probably unwanted, but hey 1. Lower deflectors, good for cold, great for heat, let them sit for 12 hours before use & trust the 3M tape. Good Luck on the wait. Look around on eBay but this has become a unicorn part to find.

2. Don't trust your kickstand, check it twice. No switch or positive down position, but it is designed to retract if you touch it down while in motion.

3. Trust your tip over (TO) points, IF YOU HAVE THEM, use them, instead of a foot or ankle to catch a falling Vision. GET your feet up quick when you move from a stop, TOs run on ankle blood.

4. Place a foot on your floorboard and jiggle the bike while gassing up, and take your time. It takes a bit to fill both tanks.

5. Replace your horn or get loud pipes, this thing is fast and nimble, but cagers attack it for no reason. Jealous or hypnotized, who knows, but they steer right toward you.

6. Don't ever take off the trunk unless you are OK storing it forever. Rides almost like a different bike without it.

7. Stay off your front brakes below 5 mph, and pay attention in parking lots. The fuel tanks are forward and low: great for the twisties, but takes some getting used to.

8. If you remove the trunk or drop test the TOs you are honor bound to tell us. It makes those of us who have tested them more than once feel better....so I hear.

9. If you take any of the above advice and it turns out badly, blame yourself, I am not to be trusted.

10. Make sure you lube any mechanical control points routinely, but do not oil cables, it tears up the interior Teflon.

11. Once you have leaned that thing as far as you think is safe in a sweeper, keep going if you haven't heard the floorboards scrape. It's lean angle is just ridiculous for a 900+ lb bike.

12. Practice using our Forum Search feature. It works wells, saves tons of repetition, and avoids snarky-smart-alec answers like I sometimes offer.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. Lower deflectors, good for cold, great for heat, let them sit for 12 hours before use & trust the 3M tape. Good Luck on the wait. Look around on eBay but this has become a unicorn part to find.

6. Don't ever take off the trunk unless you are OK storing it forever. Rides almost like a different bike without it.

8. If you remove the trunk or drop test the TOs you are honor bound to tell us. It makes those of us who have tested them more than once feel better....so I hear.

11. Once you have leaned that thing as far as you think is safe in a sweeper, keep going if you haven't heard the floorboards scrape. It's lean angle is just ridiculous for a 900+ lb bike.
1) The previous owner installed metal deflectors - they are super rugged :dance:

6) don't tempt me - I NEED the space, but I know it made a HUGE difference on my Harley way back when!

8) I will share - but hopefully keep ya'll waiting a while!

11) I can't believe this beast is better in the twisties than my Judge, but it certainly is! Added bonus, the 100 miles of freeway back home from the mountains doesn't involve me twisting around in the saddle with a sore behind!

Thank you ALL for the kind welcome and comments - I do love the color... now I can start saving for power and a few things to make it mine in the looks department.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
1) The previous owner installed metal deflectors - they are super rugged :dance:

6) don't tempt me - I NEED the space, but I know it made a HUGE difference on my Harley way back when!

8) I will share - but hopefully keep ya'll waiting a while!

11) I can't believe this beast is better in the twisties than my Judge, but it certainly is! Added bonus, the 100 miles of freeway back home from the mountains doesn't involve me twisting around in the saddle with a sore behind!

Thank you ALL for the kind welcome and comments - I do love the color... now I can start saving for power and a few things to make it mine in the looks department.
And you got a chrome master cylinder cover. It is just plastic but it certainly dresses that area up. It is not highly sought after but I think that's because many are unaware it exists. Like some other accessories they are hard to find now.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome aboard new Vision pilot. Glad to hear you are already finding some of her secrets! Very deceptive beast she is...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome aboard new Vision pilot. Glad to hear you are already finding some of her secrets! Very deceptive beast she is...
I expect I'll see you around as I'm just up the road in Concord - in fact I think I saw your bike at SEVR a few weeks back.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was there... I’m right down the road from you in Mint Hill... let’s definitely get together and ride!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome Aboard, it is always nice to see another Vision owner/pilot in the Old North State !!! I am in the RDU area and maybe we will cross paths or wave on the interstates . I am loving mine and slowly adding to functional pieces "to make it mine", must say it won't take much as it is darn near perfect for me.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Make sure you pay attention to controlling the beast, easy to get comfortable, pick up speed and relax. Perhaps this might apply to me only but those corners do come up very quickly sometimes.

Maybe others might like to comment on how sneaky quick a vision can be.

I can't think of any bike that is better as a replacement, can you?

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
None better in touring than a Vision......And what a great color combo. I will say my 11XC is the 2nd best tour bike on the planet. I certainly can ride it all day long. Enjoy and congrats on owning a true legend.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Took the wife for her first bike ride since I traded the Harley for the Judge back in 2015... she loved the Vision. Said it was easily the most comfortable bike she's been on. My son enjoyed his ride as well... daughter will get a turn soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice! I really like that color combo!

I know you've seen this before but this time it's special. It's to you and for your as a new Vision pilot. Welcome to the club.

Unsolicited, and probably unwanted, but hey 1. Lower deflectors, good for cold, great for heat, let them sit for 12 hours before use & trust the 3M tape. Good Luck on the wait. Look around on eBay but this has become a unicorn part to find.

2. Don't trust your kickstand, check it twice. No switch or positive down position, but it is designed to retract if you touch it down while in motion.

3. Trust your tip over (TO) points, IF YOU HAVE THEM, use them, instead of a foot or ankle to catch a falling Vision. GET your feet up quick when you move from a stop, TOs run on ankle blood.

4. Place a foot on your floorboard and jiggle the bike while gassing up, and take your time. It takes a bit to fill both tanks.

5. Replace your horn or get loud pipes, this thing is fast and nimble, but cagers attack it for no reason. Jealous or hypnotized, who knows, but they steer right toward you.

7. Stay off your front brakes below 5 mph, and pay attention in parking lots. The fuel tanks are forward and low: great for the twisties, but takes some getting used to.

9. If you take any of the above advice and it turns out badly, blame yourself, I am not to be trusted.

10. Make sure you lube any mechanical control points routinely, but do not oil cables, it tears up the interior Teflon.

12. Practice using our Forum Search feature. It works wells, saves tons of repetition, and avoids snarky-smart-alec answers like I sometimes offer.
Everything stated 1-12 is true! The TO's work as designed to... I owned a 2012 and now a 2009 and they are difficult to hold up and I have done my best and had to just trust. Enjoy the ride, amazingly designed bike!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.