VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '16 CCT has the stock lowers. I see pictures all the time of cross country and CCTs' and others that have what I can only describe as highway bars but they are square...usually painted and some are chromed on the vertical piece. What is that called? Where could I get a set and would they install on my bike for summer riding. Gets hot in Alabama. Thanks, Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
You can remove the hard lowers from the your round bars (engine guard), do a search I believe there are a few post about how to do it, on this site (not hard). The other bars you asked about are the Forged Highway bars, they came on pre 13 model XC's. May be able to find some on e-bay are someone on the Vog may have a lead on some.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can remove the hard lowers from the your round bars (engine guard), do a search I believe there are a few post about how to do it, on this site (not hard). The other bars you asked about are the Forged Highway bars, they came on pre 13 model XC's. May be able to find some on e-bay are someone on the Vog may have a lead on some.
Thanks for the reply!!! So if I could find some would I be able to put them on my '16 after taking the lowers and crash bars off?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Thanks for the reply!!! So if I could find some would I be able to put them on my '16 after taking the lowers and crash bars off?
As for as I know, yes. Some on here just remove the hard lowers off the crash bars for the summer, but the Forged Bars do look great on the bike.

Reactions: Cayoot

·
Super Moderator
26,136 Posts
Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'll keep that in mind. My original thought was forged bars in summer & replace the round and lowers in winter. I try to ride year round.
You must really like the look of the forged bars? The hard lowers can be removed from the tubular bars and the tubular bars can stay on by themselves, the bars do not need to be removed to pull off the lower faring. Then when you want re-install the lower fairings. Its really pretty easy to do the lower fairings need to removed before you can pull the bars off anyway.

Another thing you are going to find out real soon is the bike will suffer from severe buffeting to your head with the hard lowers removed. It is not a fun bike to ride over 45MPH without them. This is the reason I installed a set on my 17XC

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
If you like the Forged lowers get them while you can. JTD does make a bitchin set of lowers for them.
Also look into a CFAD which is a tiny wind deflector that fits under and in between the forks...dam near invisible.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Funny, I see the forged lowers pop up 2-3 times a week. I see them on the Facebook forums, eBay, here and Craigslist.

People think they are hard to find and charge a mint, when in fact they are super easy to come by.

·
Super Moderator
26,136 Posts
Funny, I see the forged lowers pop up 2-3 times a week. I see them on the Facebook forums, eBay, here and Craigslist.

People think they are hard to find and charge a mint, when in fact they are super easy to come by.
Maybe you could start a thread the guys could watch that are interested in a set. Plenty if threads pop up asking for them from guys that can't find them.

Not everyone is on Facebook and compared to how easy they were to get they are difficult now and it seems you're stuck with used.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.