VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if there's anyone else here in western Arizona? I finally got a good look at a couple of bikes that I've previously only caught a glimpse of here in Havasu. Victory is road testing some new bikes here and I got a nice close up view of them. Un fortuneately I didn't have my camera, but these cycles were unmistakeably Victorys and Wow!!. Touring bikes,with a minimal fairing/windshield, Sculptured hard bags, but not as radical as the Vision,a very distinctive tall skinny L.E.D. tail lamp. All dressed in black with black tape where the badges would be. Both had Minnesota Manufacturer plates. I tried to get the riders' attention but they just kept on truckin'. Looks like more good stuff comin from Victory. Maybe a Kingpin Tour replacement??

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Never fear..Clubford00 is on vacation out in that area I think. Maybe he will stumble on to these test bikes and chat the drivers ears off and send back pictures and info..LOL

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Well i havent quite left yet. I leave for Phoenix on Thursday morning and will be staying in Scottsdale. I WILL have my camera with me at all times, and if i see anything noteworthy, ill get some shots of it. (or her ;) )

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Well i havent quite left yet. I leave for Phoenix on Thursday morning and will be staying in Scottsdale. I WILL have my camera with me at all times, and if i see anything noteworthy, ill get some shots of it. (or her ;) )
For some reason I thought Dean had left already..was I surprised about 5 minutes after I posted about him taking pictures, he walked in to my store and asked for me to shoot the breeze a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I tried to put the squeeze on the Victory demo truck driver in the West last weekend. I tried everything but shoving bamboo shoots under his fingernails and he wasn't talking.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

Clubford00 said:
Do I get the impression that Deans camera has aperture, megapixel and ISO settings that moreconducive to photographing the female persuation?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So the first tome I saw these bikes was around 7:30a.m. I was headed to work on my bike and saw this bike up ahead. It was the tail light that threw me as I was unfamiliar with it. There's a lot of custom bikes here in Havasu so I didn't think too much about it except for the fact that it was a Bagger. It turned off into Buckskin State park about 2/3 of the way to Parker. When I saw the bikes yesterday,they were coming out of one of the industrial areas by Kiowa. They were headed south on 95 and I followed them to the south end of town . I'm still kickin' myself for not having my camera in the car but with this heat I'm afraid it may melt. I'll keep trying though. I'd love to catch one or both of these bikes again

·
Registered
440 Posts

It's not your fault of course. 95% of spyshots you see on the internet are from people who do exactly only that. They stake out at popular test facilities and try to catch a 2 second glimpse of that hot new car while waiting all day for it.
But still, having a spy shot of Victory 'in progress' would be pretty cool and make you the hero of this website :p
Anyway, safety first, don't wreck your car for it while grabbin' the camera ;)

·
Registered
12,113 Posts
Entry level is key to success in the bike business. The #1 selling bike for the motor company is the 883. It gets them in the door at a price point they can handle.

600, 750, 800, cc bikes from Japan Inc. get most of the riders. Then they buy the next size up in a year or two. Or a week or two lol Triumph, in the last 5 years went from 10k bikes a year to 50k a year with 90% of the bikes under 1100cc.

I worry about economic trends. Victory is probably over 50% off on 2009 sales. They won't report production numbers but I see lots of bikes languishing in the stealerships.

If they don't do a entry level machine I see Polaris spinning them out as more trouble then they are worth within the next 5 years. They may pay for themselves now but I would suggest just barely. When watercraft went flat and floundered, ha! floundered, watercraft, get it!. Well, I thought it funny ;-). They replaced watercraft with motorcycles. That demonstrates they are not afraid to get rid of something that is not making money for the stockholders.

/end of rant, I hope its a lower, smaller, entry level 10k priced cool bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.