New Member | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hairlesswookiee, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Hairlesswookiee

Hairlesswookiee New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    None Yet
    Hello there. I just joined the forum after searching around for some information on Victory cycles. I am currently in the search for my first bike and one of my coworkers suggested I check out some of the Victory offerings. Right now I'm looking at either a Highball or the Gunner. Being vertically challenged at 5'7" I'm hoping to get one that sits/rides about the same as the Softtail Slim. From what I've gathered so far it looks like that would be comparable to the Gunner. I do prefer the style and looks of the Highball though so I'm hoping someone can give me some good pros/cons of both bikes.

2. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
    Welcome and happy hunting.

Any Vic from 2010 up should fit you like a glove.

Great low center of gravity, super easy to ride bikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bikendad

bikendad Well-Known Member

2010 Victory Cross Country
    They're actually very similar bikes, same frame and drivetrain so pick what ya like and buy it! I personally would stay away from the spoked wheels and go with the mags.

4. firstvictory

firstvictory Well-Known Member

2017 Vegas 8 ball (BBC) and Vision 8Ball (BBBC)
    My buddy has a softtail slim, so I am very familiar with the seat height and ride of that bike. The seat height of my 17 Vegas 8 ball is very similar. I am 5'9" and am very comfortable on both of these bikes. I was trying to find a side by side picture but can't locate one at the moment I could only find this one of his softtail slim sitting next to one of my old bikes.

softail.jpg

I have sat on a gunner before and they sit higher than my 8 ball. I have never ridden a Highball. Height is very important to me for ride comfort and is the reason both of my bikes are the 8ball trim. A Softtail Slim sits very low so I assume the reason you mentioned it, is because it is to you also. You may want to consider a Vic model that had 8 ball trim package.
    My Buddy bought his Softtail Slim in early 16 and I bought my V8ball at the end of 16. While there are many differences between our bikes and we both did considerable mods; I ended up with about 50 HP more and paid around 10 k less. Harley worked him over pretty good cost wise for a 10-15 HP gain. The softtail slim is more comfortable for longer rides, but it is a slug. I have a Vision 8ball for longer rides with a very low seat height too. It will also spank that Softtail Slim without trying hard.
    Hope you find a Vic that meets your needs and you are able to join us showing over priced Harley's our tail lights!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    How about a Gunner, then put Highball bars on it? If I ever get OLC, I’d add one to my stable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Im4reguy

Im4reguy Active Member

2006 Victory jackpot
    Welcome! Like you, I'm vertically challenged as well. I have a 06 JP. I swapped out the suspension bones for 1.25" lowering bones and reupholstered the seat with three different densities of foam. Now the seat is about 1.75" lower and a lot more comfortable. Over all, my butt is about 3" closer to the road. Perfect for me!