VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for while, just joined up recently after making a deposit on a black Cross Country. Picked it up today after the stage one was installed at the dealer. Been riding since about age 7 and have had everythingfroma ZX10r to a KTM duke to a M109r, all but a HD. Compared the XC to the Streetglide and bought the XC. Got about 80 miles in today two up before the rain came to pay a visit. Great bike and looking forwar to a lot of miles. Only thing I dont like so far is the buffeting. Thought I could maybe live with it after reading some posts, but its worse then expected. I'm 6'2 and its quite annoying. Thanks for all the insight in previous posts.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Welcome! I'm 6'1" and have the Vic tall w/shield, the buffeting is not bad except sometimes at 70 mph. Kewlmetal is coming out with a new lower wind deflector that is supposed to cure the buffeting, should be available soon. There's a post on them on the VMC froum. I've got 1300 miles on mine now and love it more everyday.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm only 5' 10', but the buffeting gets me too. I am thinking about a Cee Baily's or Gustaffsen shield for my XC. I can't hear the radio above 45 mph. I can hear it making noise, but can' t really hear the music. The only problem with the Gustaffsen shield is there aren't any mounting holes in it.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot. Ride safe & keep her shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Congrats! Yep, I only have two complaints. The windshield buffeting and the crappy inaccurate fuel gauge. I installed the +2' Gustafssen windshield which helped. I am waiting for the lowers from Kewlmetal too.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

Welcome,
The taller shields do help with this but do not eliminate it all. Closing out the
area inside the engine guards does wonders!! I currently use the Victory
OEM soft closeouts. Victory is rumored to be coming out with some hard lowers
for the XC.
WW

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I forgot to add, I'm located in Whatcom County, WA. I bought at Skagit Polaris, Norman was great to work with.
I met a couple guys there when we test rode a XR, I believe members of the VMC group here in Washington State.
I'll be looking for reviews on the hard lowers that are rumored to be coming out.
Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.