VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Obi Obi, Australia, beautiful riding country.
New member, with a 2013 HardBall, running darkside with 102,000 kms so far on the bike, after buying a shop demonstrator used as a press bike with 8,000 kms on it in early 2014.
Bought it after 24 years on a hotrodded 1200 sportster, now with about 400,000 kms on it. Before that ,12 years on a Norton Commando Fastback, and assorted BSAs, and an AJS.
I bought the HardBall to have a comfortable 2 up tourer, that doesn't make me feel like an old fart on the 30 km run
through mountain roads on my ride to work every day.
Because of where I live I do a lot of riding on dirt roads and tracks, and have been an avid reader of Rollin's posts.
Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi from Obi Obi, Australia, beautiful riding country.
New member, with a 2013 HardBall, running darkside with 102,000 kms so far on the bike, after buying a shop demonstrator used as a press bike with 8,000 kms on it in early 2014.
Bought it after 24 years on a hotrodded 1200 sportster, now with about 400,000 kms on it. Before that ,12 years on a Norton Commando Fastback, and assorted BSAs, and an AJS.
I bought the HardBall to have a comfortable 2 up tourer, that doesn't make me feel like an old fart on the 30 km run
through mountain roads on my ride to work every day.
Because of where I live I do a lot of riding on dirt roads and tracks, and have been an avid reader of Rollin's posts.
Cheers, Steve.
Welcome from Northwest Missouri!!

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Had to look up Obi Obi in google maps...... I am about six hours directly north of you.... G'day and welcome to the VOG....

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Welcome from Connecticut, USA!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Welcome, Steve. That is a very nice line up of bikes you've ridden. And can't to without a big Howdy from Texas! :hat1: Come around often.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Welcome from sunny Arizona, USA.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I'll take the hint and add some pictures soon. For the moment, stock motor with stage 1 pipes, chip reflash, K&N aircleaner, O2 sensors disconnected, rubber air dam removed, fork gaiters from a wide glide, Hammer front mud guard, currently running with a CC trunk on it because of intermittent partial tail light failure, think I have a fractured circuit board in there after dropping it trail riding, and scrapes on lower sides of chin fairing from running Obi Obi curves.
On the list of past bikes, I forgot to add a Katana, and an old K4 750 Honda with sidecar that I ran for 7 years until my daughters legs grew long enough to reach Norton pillion pegs. Oh, and a 500 cc Triumph Adventurer bought for my first wife, just before she walked away and left it behind.
There is still an early XL 250 Honda in the shed for round the property, a 23" front wheel model. If I put saddle bags on it, does that make it a big wheel bagger?

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
Cheers Mate ....... G’day and a welcome from Florida.

So what oil you fellas puttin in those Ausie bikes from down under ?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
G'day Slickvic. The great oil debate heads downunder? I use Penrite HPR 15, a 15 -60 full synthetic. I know a couple of others using it too. I have a very high regard for Penrite's products, an Australian company,. I used their mineral oils after the warranty expired in my high miler Sporty, almost up to 400,000 kms now. Temperature here ranges from 105 last Sunday, to 23 back in August.
No sign of clutch slip.
Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
G'day Slickvic. The great oil debate heads downunder? I use Penrite HPR 15, a 15 -60 full synthetic. I know a couple of others using it too. I have a very high regard for Penrite's products, an Australian company,. I used their mineral oils after the warranty expired in my high miler Sporty, almost up to 400,000 kms now. Temperature here ranges from 105 last Sunday, to 23 back in August.
No sign of clutch slip.
Cheers, Steve.
G'day !
Penrite is a great oil as is Klotz ! If you can find Spectro Golden then you will have great choices. Here we use anywhere from 10/40 to 20/40 and even 20/50 semi and full synthetic motorcycle oils. Some have gone to the 15/60 oil but I think it was meant more for the Octane and Scout motors. I personally am using Spectro golden 20/40 engineered for Victory and Indian. If you live by Jaso ratings then a JASO MA /MA2 oil is just fine. Keep your clutch adjusted and pivot points ( barrel ends) lubed and enjoy the ride brother.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.