VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm Ross & reside in the coastal Suburb of Rockingham in Western Australia. Will be picking up a new Octane today after years of riding a long list of sports bikes & have just sold my '09 Ducati 1198 to purchase the Octane, looking forward to the ride :)

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Welcome from Oregon. Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Welcome and Howdy from Texas. Glad to have another Victory rider, and from Oz no less. So far, every one of your fellows that I've met have hit it off right away. Something about that Aussie/Tex attitude. Feels like having been separated at birth.

Ride safe, but have all the fun you can stand!

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Used to skydive at Rockingham in the early seventies but they stopped us as it was starting to spread out urbanised for the safety gurus to allow us to continue..... I used to ride my 1973 Honda 750 four from RAAF base pearce to Rockingham for a weekend of jumping....

OH! yea, welcome to the VOG... I am sure you will enjoy any and all advise or questions from the yanks on here... Lovely riding area on that part of the west coast.....
Gas Font Event Tree Darkness

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome from Floriduh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Used to skydive at Rockingham in the early seventies but they stopped us as it was starting to spread out urbanised for the safety gurus to allow us to continue..... I used to ride my 1973 Honda 750 four from RAAF base pearce to Rockingham for a weekend of jumping....

OH! yea, welcome to the VOG... I am sure you will enjoy any and all advise or questions from the yanks on here... Lovely riding area on that part of the west coast..... View attachment 322145
Yep its a good spot & Skydiving at Rockingham is all the rage now with "Skydive the Beach"

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Gees time keep changing things.... We were shut down because it got too urbanised and the authorities reckoned it was too dangerous as the strip and DZ was getting too close to the houses..... Next time you walk up cottleso beach just before the small arms army range, see if sunny Mary is still there doing her pedaling in the air flat on her back, naked as a jay bird.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.