New JP owner and new to this forum | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

New JP owner and new to this forum

Discussion in 'Victory Vegas' started by StanLaurel, Dec 27, 2010.

1. StanLaurel

StanLaurel New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    '11 Vision
    Hello all. I recently bought a new, leftover '09 Jackpot. I think I got a good deal on it considering what it sold for in '09. Been riding 25 years, completed my "Harley phase" last year after enjoying two of York's finest. I wanted something different, and boy did I get what I asked for. I love the bike but it sure takes some getting used to - that 250 rear tire results in handling unlike any other bike I've had. Anyway, looking forward to warm weather and some quality Ozark Mountain rides. One quick question - I'm only 5'7", and find the seat uncomfortable after an hour or so - any suggestions to improve comfort for shorter riders like me? Thanks and Happy New Year![​IMG]

2. SofaKingBlue

SofaKingBlue Member

'04 Touring Cruiser; '08 Jackpot
    Nice looking 'scoot. The JP's are Vic best rides. The handling is good once you get used to it. I ride my JP around Tablerock Lake and Mark Twain forest with all of the winding roads with no problem - you'll love the bike. The stock seat is can use some rework or an upgrade to a Mustang.

3. lloydtuk

lloydtuk Member

try a corbin seat i find mine really comfy and its heated for the cold journeys the best money i spent

4. Jackpot52

Jackpot52 Member

2008 Jackpot / 2014 Cross Country
    Welcome, good model selection. There are a several different styles of fwd control pullbacks that will move the pegs back an inch or two. Being a shorter rider that may help with you seat comfort issue.

5. kingjack

kingjack New Member

2014 Indian Chief Vintage
    Jackpot Welcome to the right side of the tracks... Good looking Bike. I have an 07 Jackpot. It does take a little "getting used to" but it's a great ride. I have the two up vic seat on mine. Only really uncomfortable a couple of times after putting in a lot of miles (500) in day. How do you like those pipes? I have the Victory shotguns and I'm not too happy with them. May see you on the road. We live in central Missouri and ride that way often. Beautifuly country.

6. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    TRy checking with nearby auto upholstry shops. Quite likely you'll find one that will take apart your seat refoam it with memory foam and/or gel pads, maybe even reshape it to move you forward and inch or too. If you can't find one let me know, I know some shops you can send it out to. Otherwise Corbin and Mustang seem to get the most praise for aftermarket vendors.

7. MtnRider

MtnRider New Member

Welcome to the site. When I bought my '10 JP I found quite a bit of useful information by looking back on older threads. Good luck and ask if you can't find it here. I'm one of the taller riders so I can't help you out with your questions. I'm ordering some peg/front control extensions in order to get my riding stance longer. Good luck, and ride safe!

8. randysfishing

randysfishing Active Member

2008 Arlen Ness Jackpot SOLD, 2012 Cross Country Tour Black
    Really nice looking JP congrats. It does take a bit to get use to the big rear but to be honest after a while you dot even know it's there.

9. StanLaurel

StanLaurel New Member

'11 Vision
    The pipes are OK. They look great, and sound good when I twist the grip. At low RPM or idle, it doesn't sound all that great....

10. marty

marty Well-Known Member

Vision 8 Ball/2010..blacked out pipes&wind screen,Traxxion Dynamics suspension,Lloyd's cams,controller,intake plate
    Very nice looking bike Welcome to the gang

11. audie

audie New Member

Good looking bike! I've got the same except it's lime green. The stock seat is not comfortable at all. I've heard good things about the Corbin seats and plan on taking a look at them when it warms up.

12. bubba

bubba Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    welcome, nice bike!!

13. StanLaurel

StanLaurel New Member

'11 Vision
    Are you anywhere near Memphis? I'm in the Little Rock area; it would be pretty cool to meet somewhere in the middle and cruise on these two sister machines. email: [email protected]

14. StanLaurel

StanLaurel New Member

'11 Vision
    Ooops - I meant to quote this guy.....

15. sbutler20

sbutler20 New Member

Vegas Jackpot 2008
    Corbin
    Not sure what stock feels like, but I can attest to the comfort of the Corbin. Nice fit and finish. If you like firm then Corbin is a good bet. I've also got a Corbin on another bike..firm and comfy too.