VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I got my 2007 jackpot today. Wow! Bike is fantastic. It's a US bike brought over by a dealer. It has stage 1 shotgun exhaust and I just noticed it has a K&N cone filter instead of the stock box.

My question is, the bike will backfire on deceleration every so often very loudly. Is this something semi-normal with the stage 1 exhaust, or could it be the aftermarket K&N filter?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't seem to get the search button to work. It's so strange... Mac just says waiting for web site. If I got to any other site, it works fine.

Anyway, thanks for the response. It has also sat at the dealer for a few weeks, and I haven't had a chance to really open the bike up. (too cold today)

So I guess the K&N Intake is a good add-on then? I'm trying to get as much history on my bike, but it's difficult being a US bike here in Canada.

Would there be a way to find out if the mapping has been done for the stage 1 exhaust?

·
Registered
402 Posts
2007 should not be backfiring, needs a good tune and/or TPS adjustment. It's not the same as the 08s and beyond with the closed loop FI and is not normal for your bike.

KN is not a good add-on. Go with an S&S intake or PMRT. with the K&N you are leaving horsepower on the table.

·
Registered
717 Posts

The S&S and TPS adjustment is good advice.
I havethe S&S intakeon my 07 with no popping with either the Stage One or now the True Duals.
Make sure your exhaust gaskets are tight also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TPS adjustment? What's that? The intake came with the bike so I'm not sure what to do with it just yet. It's better then stock, so I'm going to leave it for a season. But would like more info on this TPS thing?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Throttle Position Sensor

·
Registered
326 Posts

Rowebote said:
2007 should not be backfiring, needs a good tune and/or TPS adjustment. It's not the same as the 08s and beyond with the closed loop FI and is not normal for your bike.

KN is not a good add-on. Go with an S&S intake or PMRT. with the K&N you are leaving horsepower on the table.
This is actually very common on the 2007 and 2006 models with Victory stage 1 kits. It's due to the lean program on decel because of the cat cons. The after-market exhaust, or a Victory exhaust where the cat cons have "fell out" (wink, wink, nudge nudge) with the 2005 Hammer download will fix this. Kevinx can explain this better.

·
Registered
326 Posts

Jackpot_Dan said:
So, are these downloads something we can do, or does the dealer have to do it?
The dealer has to do it. If you leave the stock mapping on it, you can buy and instal a fuel controller instead of that downloaded map. If you would rather do it yourself, that's the way to do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.