VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well how could I possibly miss that with a thread titled "isn't today the day"?

One day, maybe, just maybe; folks will use a title that actually makes sense and gives the reader a hint about what the subject matter actually is.

Edit: That thread doesn't even appear for me since the OP is on my ignore list. Even if he had titled the thread correctly I wouldn't see it. An interesting drawback to keeping the wolves at bay.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
i do wonder if this had been the Octane what kind of fanfare it would've brought Victory as the 'touted' performance brand versus the nostalgia brand.

• Angry
Reactions: Poseidon

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i do wonder if this had been the Octane what kind of fanfare it would've brought Victory as the 'touted' performance brand versus the nostalgia brand.
I doubt it would have kept the Victory brand alive but it would have been a promise kept and not just all hat; no cattle.

This is the bike everyone expected to see (or close to it) I think.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
It looks like the FTR1200 is just a tad larger than the 750 race bike:

Not a lot but enough to be noticeable.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
6,677 Posts
You know, you can't really call this thing a naked sport bike with those goofy tires it's wearing. And unfortunately, the sizes are weird so finding a good replacement is going to be difficult at best.

That said, I'm OK with not calling this a sport bike. I am not convinced that was the intent anyway. They have released different accessory (debuted at EICMA) kits now to compliment the stock bike - Tracker, Rally, Sport, and Tour. I believe this is the Rally kit

View attachment 504601

Not too shabby. This is the versatility this platform can bring. I would like toget a peek at the other kits as well.

Reactions: crosscountryla

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I believe they are finally starting to arrive at the dealer showrooms.
even more so, I believe I still don't care what polaris releases now or in the future since they screwed us over with Victory

• Angry
Reactions: Poseidon

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
even more so, I believe I still don't care what polaris releases now or in the future since they screwed us over with Victory
I hear ya, but at the same time I do like following what the industry is up to. I'm not in the market for a bike and hope to keep it that way for many years to come. I flipped 73k miles on my bike this past weekend and hope to have the engine rebuilt in three or so years. Once The Vic Shop rebuilds it, I'm hoping for another 10 years out of my XCT. By then I may actually be ready to own something else...time will tell.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I believe they are finally starting to arrive at the dealer showrooms.
Pretty good video!
Seemed honest -- at least not the insane bias we used to see against Victory.
Maybe because Harley doesn't have a competitor for This ---

I personally would take this bike over the FXDR (for $21,000) any day. The engine in the FTR rocks and I can't wait to sample it.

I may have to decide to buy one before I get much older, or the window will have passed. Stinks getting older.

·
6,677 Posts
As mentioned in another thread, I went to the grand reveal at my dealers' last week, and I have to say I liked the bike. I wouldn't buy one, but I did like it.

Reactions: bikendad
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.