VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to the motorcycle thing. I just bought a used 2013 highball with just under 3400 miles on it. It's all stock. I've noticed however that the bike shifts really really loud. I don't know of anyone around me that owns one so I'm not sure if this is normal. It's just a really big clank sound. Thanks

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
It's normal.... The trans in these bikes are loud but strong.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to the motorcycle thing. I just bought a used 2013 highball with just under 3400 miles on it. It's all stock. I've noticed however that the bike shifts really really loud. I don't know of anyone around me that owns one so I'm not sure if this is normal. It's just a really big clank sound. Thanks
Welcome aboard! Congrats on the new Vic!

Where are you located? I'm sure there are several Vic owners in your area regardless where you are.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
There are several members here in east central Illinois and the Indianapolis area. Should be someone you can get together with for a ride sometime and compare. They definitely are clunky when you shift. What you have described sounds normal to me, but I’m sure a side to side comparison will set your mind at ease more than what some guy on a forum says.

There is a thread on here some where titled who is from Illinois, or something to that effect. Skim through it and send a pm to a few members close by and see about getting together for a ride. If you don’t mind a road trip to Virginia, I’ll meet up with you for a ride.

Reactions: BoilerMan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Thank you! Yes I shift around the 25-2700 rpm mark. I will definitely start shifting at or above 3000 RPM's.
You are shifting before the 106 really even starts pulling! Wind it out once or twice, you will see what I mean! :icon_thumleft:

Reactions: Herdofturtles
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.