VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2009 Hammer. I'll pick it up on Thuesday and will have a 200 mile ride home. Can't wait! Hope I can restrain myself and break it in properly.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Congrats! Ride it home varying your speed as much as you can to include some down shifting. If you're on interstate, use off-ramps to vary it up. Then turn around and ride it back for your initial service! Have fun!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bernomad said:
Congrats! Ride it home varying your speed as much as you can to include some down shifting. If you're on interstate, use off-ramps to vary it up. Then turn around and ride it back for your initial service! Have fun!!
Thanks for the advice. Very glad it has a tach.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Grats!!

I'm still pissed I didn't pull the trigger on a hammer. Dealership I bought it from was going out of business and I got a great deal on the vegas. Love my bike, but I like those hammers a lot more.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JimVarney01 said:
Grats!!

I'm still pissed I didn't pull the trigger on a hammer. Dealership I bought it from was going out of business and I got a great deal on the vegas. Love my bike, but I like those hammers a lot more.
I considered a beautiful Vegas JP. It was dark red and the best looking bike I've seen in a long time, including the Hammer. Went with the Hammer because it was my original first choice and the Vegas JP was more than I wanted to spend. I'm sure I'll be happy with it. No regrets.

·
Registered
136 Posts
bernomad gave great advice on riding it home. I know you just want to keep going but take a few exits and get back on. I wouldn't give it the WOT just yet. Let er ease up on it if you do. Take the back way to the house and go through town or something when you get close to the barn. That'll get you through the gears a lot more too.

I too looked at the Hammer in awe but it just didn't meet my needs. For a bike to cruise short distances or day trips it'd be a blast. I guess I like my creature comforts.

Congrats and enjoy the ride. Make sure you post some pics and a review when you get some miles behind ya.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Congrats on the new Hammer. I have an 05 Hammer along with my 08 Vision and my Hammer is a joy to ride especially when I need a good adrenalin rush. Mine has the stage 1 kit with the Victory drag pipes and K&N air filter and hoping to upgrade with some performance cams soon.
Ride safe.
Joe

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi everyone, just bought a '09 Hammer too. Get to pick it up on Wednesday. This will be a change from my norm. I normally ride a Ninja 1400. I figure that bike will get me arrested or worse, in trouble with the wife. There are a few little things I want to do, like swapping the plastic fender for LED turn signals, wife wants me to put tailgunner exhaust gatlins on (still thinking that on that one).

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I'll step in here for Andy and "tow the company line": We NEED PICTURES! Show us the rides.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.