VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new here, and I did a search only to come up with a couple of blurbs about it, but nothing more. Are any of you guys going to the Myrtle Beach bike week this May? I was wondering if there were any Victory events going on that I should know about? I ride an '06 8 Ball with *get this* 500 miles on the odometer. With having a baby a couple of years ago, then pretty much working 7 days a week since (at work & at home) I barely find any time to ride other than the occasional trip to work, which is only about 16 miles round trip. I'm ready to get out there and blow the cobwebs off of this thing!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

You better ride that baby every chance you get (no pun intended) they get old when they sit...lol
There isa 90% chance I will be there with a couple of buddies, it's only a short trip for us...

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Hi Mike welcome to the board. I'm taking "Deercrusher" my 08 Vision down to MB the first weekend. My SO Donna and I will be heading down to see friends we know and would love to meet people from the site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in NE Georgia now, but I'm originally from Mullins, SC (it's a small farm town about 45 miles inland) so I still have family in the area. I'll be staying with my Sister in Marion Thursday night (14th), then go on to my hotel the 15th-17th. I haven't decided to ride it or trailer it yet (I can hearyour groans already-LOL). I'd love to ride it, but while the 8 Ball is a great bike, it's not nearly as nice on the highway as my old Touring Cruiser was! I'll probably just tow it to her house and ride it the rest of the way, and leave my truck at her place for the weekend.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Donna and I are riding down from NY we will be in MB in Compass cove resort the 8th thru the 11th.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Heya Mike! Welcome aboard.
Sorry I won't make it to this one, but am shooting for a cross country trip in October if $$$ allow.
Pssst.....Take the long way home from work.
I'm jealous of you guys out there! SOON SOON SOON I hope!! If ya ever find yourselves out west the doors are open!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man! I'm getting pumped up for riding season! I worked on the bike all day today. I made a set of lowering links for a 2" drop in the rear and started stripping my stock seats to prep them for reshaping and recovering! It already looks great dropped in the rear! :)

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Hey Mike,
I was talking with some venders and they said they were not going to MB because the event moved outside of town. Any truth to this? If so, any websites showing the new location and events schedule?
Don

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts

The City of Myrtle Beach passed several laws designed to keep bikers away. They actually published on there website statements ment to mislead bikers into thinking that the event was cancled. They also will not issue permits to any vendors for the week so all events will take place outside of the city limits.
If you do some searches on the web there is a lot of fun and interesting stuff to read!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Yes indeed, the officials havetaken drastic steps to put out a propaganda campaign against bike week. They've done the absolute worst thing for their constituents within the city limits, andduring one of the worst times possible. While businesses of all types are suffering through major downturns in sales due to a slumping (or downright broken) economy, they will have their elected officials to thank when millions of dollars are flowing all around them, but only chump change lands in their pockets because of the decision of a handful of people that opposed the noise and vulgar t-shirts that a few bad apples usually show up to town with.
But anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program.......
There will definitely be a lot of fun to be had! I used to live in MB and I always stayed away from the city anyway when bike week was going on. Murrell's Inlet has the SBB bars and they were ALWAYS jumping during bike week! Inlet Square Mall always had a great vendor turnout, as well. The way I see it, if MB officials don't want us there, that's fine with me. I'll stay in my hotel room there because I got a good deal on it, but the majority of my monies will be spent in cities that welcome my presence.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts

Politicians! Go Figure?
Thousands of riders with money in their pockets are beingtold to stay away. When they have to raise taxes to compensate for the lost income, I'm sure some heads will roll.

·
Registered
342 Posts
"Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well" - That's too true and funny but scary as all get out at the same time.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I can tell from the posts you folks don't know about "Black Bike Week". It is the week after bike week. It is made up of mostly sport bikes. Many of the motel/hotels don't open for the week. They bring in a NG command center to try and keep things "normal". Last year a judge stated that they had to treat ALL bikers equal. Tickets were way higher during "Black Bike Week" than normal bike week. So it put a hamper on things the police could use to control things.
How would you control a city full of "bad" ones and not affect the "sensible" riders?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.