VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 05 8Ball with a factory 180 on the rear. I got the hots for the 250 rear tire and wheel on the Jackpot - so I bought one! I am waiting on it to arrive...

My question is will it fit without any mod? From what I read on the net (before I found this site) it shouldn't be a problem. But them a couple of days ago I found the VOC so I thought I would ask my fellow Victory riders if they have made this particular change... Thanks! -sa

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Don't think so. Need to get the swing arm for a 250. If I remember correctly, 200 is the biggest you can go on a vegas.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Swing arm, fender support, fender, wheel spacers, axle, front pulley all need to be moved, changed or modified to fit a 250 on a vegas. Sorry...I know that is not what you wanted to hear, but true.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

NOEMTZ said:
Swing arm, fender support, fender, wheel spacers, axle, front pulley all need to be moved, changed or modified to fit a 250 on a vegas. Sorry...I know that is not what you wanted to hear, but true.
Also add a rear pulley, and front pulley cover

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I take your word for it, but I keep finding posts like thesethat suggest otherwise.

Have any of you actually seen this mod NOT work on the original swingarm, or are you just guessing? All due respect of course, I just keep getting conflicting reports from different people and I figured you guys new for sure. Thanks for the replys. -sa

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
He already has the 250 swing arm installed and trying to go to a 280 on a small rim.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn... I was so pumped about my find in the 250... Anyone know where I can a Jackpot swing arm???

I bought:
Front and Rear Brushed Alum. Rims (like my factory 180, but the new rear is a 250)
Brake and Clutch Levers
Cables
2 - 19" Windshields
Rear Alum Pulley
Front and Rear Factory Pegs
Front and Rear Ness Switchblade Pegs
Front Fender
Front and Rear Brake Rotors
Chrome Triple Tree
Chrome Front belt cover
Throttle Grips
and
Factory Shifter and Brake Lever
All with less than 3500 miles on the items

In one Ebay auction a guy cleaned out everything he took off his Jackpot to make room in his garage. I am disappointed that I can't put that 250 rear rim and tire on my 8 Ball... It even matches my factory front rim.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
There are a few guys that went from the 250 to a 300 rear tire that purchased new swing arms. you need to keep watching eBay or go over to the VMC and post a Want To Buy in the classifieds

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
sladerholt said:
I take your word for it, but I keep finding posts like thesethat suggest otherwise.

Have any of you actually seen this mod NOT work on the original swingarm, or are you just guessing? All due respect of course, I just keep getting conflicting reports from different people and I figured you guys new for sure. Thanks for the replys. -sa
Nobody is guessing. Just explaining the FACTS. The bike pictured is Diamond's, and it started life a JP with 250. He went to a wider rim to allow a 280 from there. What you want can be acomplished, but it will require lots of parts, and fab work to change the rear fender suport

·
Registered
409 Posts
I had it done to me 05 Vegas.

Yah, just like
Replied by: NOEMTZ
Swing arm, fender support, fender, wheel spacers, axle, front pulleyall need to be moved, changed or modified to fit a 250 on a vegas.Sorry...I know that is not what you wanted to hear, but true.

I had my swing are cut and widened to take the 250. Had to have the front sprocket moved out and spacer for sprocket cover. Plus widen the fender, and teh fender support. Lot of work, and the cost was about, (including wheels) $5000.

The newer swing arm will fit the 05 with the right shaft and spacers. But you will still have to deal with the front sprocket and cover.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

tsdavis said:
My math suggests selling all you have, and buying a used jackpot.......just sayin'
+1 unless you are very handy!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well since I already have the 250 wheel and tire, a second rear pulley, and a boat load of want-to, I figured I am way ahead in the pocket book.

So technically, besides all the spacers and nuts and bolts, I am looking at

1) Having MY swing arm widened (what does that cost?)
2) Dealing with the front sprocket (how much does that off set cost?)
3) The Fender issue (which I already planed to do anyway).

Just roughly give me an idea of what kind of money I am looking at Red dog. Thanks -sa

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh yeah, I do have an assortment of skills, but widening a swing arm is not something I want to do, but I probably could.

The rest is just nuts/bolts, wrenches/grinders/CNC etc....

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

reddog3769 said:
I had it done to me 05 Vegas.

Yah, just like
Replied by: NOEMTZ
Swing arm, fender support, fender, wheel spacers, axle, front pulleyall need to be moved, changed or modified to fit a 250 on a vegas.Sorry...I know that is not what you wanted to hear, but true.

I had my swing are cut and widened to take the 250. Had to have the front sprocket moved out and spacer for sprocket cover. Plus widen the fender, and teh fender support. Lot of work, and the cost was about, (including wheels) $5000.

The newer swing arm will fit the 05 with the right shaft and spacers. But you will still have to deal with the front sprocket and cover.

Good luck.
Conquest Customs sell the "missing link" front sprocket to handle the front offset

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.