VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed these new grips on my Jackpot. I bought them from www.buywitchdoctors.com. They are made by SMT Machining. Very nice product and an easy installation. Unlike some other grips the left side doesn't use glue to hold it on. There are three set screws on that you tighten down on the inside of the grip. Plus they look a lot better than stock. Now I just have to get some new levers, most likely get some from destrucion series levers from Cycleops at some point. I really need to stop buying stuff like this so I can save up and get some cams and pistons from Lloyds!! no more shiny stuff until I do engine work! lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks good, how are they for comfort? Also did you put the chrome switch controls on yourself, and if so were they a pain to install? More power...more chrome...more power..more chrome....................

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Look great Wichdoctors does have some great Vic stuff.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
onerider said:
Looks good, how are they for comfort? Also did you put the chrome switch controls on yourself, and if so were they a pain to install? More power...more chrome...more power..more chrome....................
I'm not sure yet on comfort. I literally got them and installed them last night. I just did a quick test to make sure the throttle didn't stick. I wear gloves all the time when I ride and the gloves have some gel inserts so we'll see. I'm going to guess that they won't be as comfortable as say the Kuryaken iso grips since it's just billet aluminum with now padding built into the grips. The width and everything seems good though. In talking with Scott at Conquest at the AVR he was saying he uses the Batastini grips all the time and has no issue with comfort. While a different grip, the swiss cheese design is the same idea.

As for the chrome switch controls, no I didn't install them myself. They came standard on my Jackpot. I did have to take apart the right side to get to the throttle cables on the grip install. It doesn't seem like that side would be much of an issue.

For some reason I can justify several small purchases like this to myself but pause at one big purchase for power! I should have bought at the AVR since Lloyd had a discount then. Really my main goal is more power, not more chrome but I keep buying things. I'm an addict for shiny things I guess! lol

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
My name is NOEMTZ.....and I too am a chromaholic. I have not purchased any chrome for my jackpot for six weeks now. LOL

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well of course it's safety chrome. Since the reflectors on my front forks "fell" off one day in the garage, I want to make sure I have plenty of reflective items on my bike.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, Ness Rad II mirrors. Bought them off ebay from a guy on the VMC.

In fact, here's a pic of when I installed those, for comparison of the stock grips vs the Assassin's.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

NOEMTZ said:
My name is NOEMTZ.....and I too am a chromaholic. I have not purchased any chrome for my jackpot for six weeks now. LOL
Good for you NOEMTZ. I am embarassed to say that I just ordered Ness shift pegs and 09 Ness Chrome tailight this week. I guess I am a chromaholic! The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. 11 more steps to go!
"One day at a time"

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The rad II's are smaller. Dimensions below pulled from denniskirk.com

Rad II
Mirror width (glass only): 113mm/4 7/16 in.
Mirror height (glass only): 37mm/1 7/16 in.
Stem height: 65mm/2 1/2 in.
Stem offset: 3 1/2 in.
Thread size: 5/16 in.-24 and 10mm (right hand thread)

Rad III
Mirror width (glass only): 7 in.
Mirror height (glass only): 2 7/8 in.
Stem height: 4 3/4 in.
Stem offset: 3 in.
Thread size: 5/16 in. -18 (right hand thread)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.