VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camera accessory Font Electronic device Auto part Cylinder
I know there was a thread before about grip cover so that can go on over the heated grips. I found the covers online and wanted to know if the one size listed for the goldwing are better suited or should I get the ones for the HD bikes as they may be more along the same diameter? Anyone that has these and know which one she I will need for a Victory cross country magnum.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sorry can’t help you with which ones,but I couldn’t find out witch ones either looking at the heat demon route any grips work!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Man, I'd go with Grip Puppies...

Amazon.com: Grip Puppy Comfort Grips - The Original and the Best!: Automotive

Amazon Prime... $18.50.

Grip Puppies adhere to the handle bar grip very well.
Enlarge the present handle bar grip to fit a large hand better.
Don't slide (if installed correctly).

Use soapy water (dish soap) to get the Grip Puppy slick. Roll it onto itself 1/2 way then, slip the whole thing onto the existing handle bar grip. Roll Grip Puppy back onto the handle bar grip to finished length. Cut off excess (but, not before you've got the grip on nicely). DON'T try to fit the Grip Puppy by pre-cutting before installation!

The OEM heaters work, the feel's VERY GOOD 'cuz it's a larger grip (forget those OEM wiener grips) 'n, ya feel more comfortable as the Grip Puppies absorb some of the street vibration.
LOVE 'EM!
Had 'em for years....

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Grip Puppies were my first mod on my Concours. Heated grips work great with them, comfortable, increase the diameter of the small stock grips, and cut the vibrations. The only two things I'm not sure about yet are how much water they will hold when caught in the rain (they are spongy) and how well they will hold up. Even if they don't last long, they cost less than $20, so I figured they were worth trying. It would be easy to remove if they don't work out. Plan on wrestling with then a bit to get them on and don't be stingy with the soapy water. Put it on the grip and the inside of the Grip Puppies.

I measured twice and cut once before installing. No issues, but I can see where installing then cutting might not be a bad idea @DAVEofSAC.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Another vote for grip puppies! I rode in 48 degree weather the other night and clicked on my grips on low enjoyed a toasty ride home.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered the grip puppies. We will see how they do for me. I just wished the OEM heated grips held up better.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I ordered the grip puppies. We will see how they do for me. I just wished the OEM heated grips held up better.
Serves them right for going out of business!

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
no. sorry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.