VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7Jurock light tint windscreen custom 16" Taller than the Ness flip but shorter than the stock Victory wind screen.
Tune trapper antenna and extension.

I have the Ness dark tint flip but I find it too dark for night and rainy days.

I am still kind of on the fence on the under drive pulley. if I can get a sick deal I may try it.
Hood Jaw Automotive lighting Automotive design Helmet
Hood Jaw Automotive lighting Automotive design Helmet

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@CrazyDiavelRider Cool! I am looking forward to seeing the shield on the bike and to get your impressions of the antenna. As you know the stock one completely sucks!

I have no plans to do the underdrive pulley; I like things just the way they are. I know there are certain aspects of the experience that would benefit from having the pulley on, but I'm just going to leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@CrazyDiavelRider Cool! I am looking forward to seeing the shield on the bike and to get your impressions of the antenna. As you know the stock one completely sucks!
I am trying out the Tune trapper and a marine grade dipole antenna. I am hesitant on drilling the hole for the whip antenna. I will pop on the wind screen this weekend.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
i have been eyeballin that same windshield only stock height and clear but that light tint seems very light,,,:think: i may be able to live with that !

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Note this image was a cheapo ebay antenna Witchdoctor sells, and was the equalif not a tad better than the stock Then Tune trapper was not easy to mount as it does not fit well on the front upper cover. I found a mounting solution after playing with it. I am still going through testing but initial results its better than the stock. After thinking about it I decided not to drill to install one on the trunk.

Cheap e-bay antenna, but does ok.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Tread Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finished front speaker install with baffle, simple foam baffle installed from the speaker side not from behind. I used the stock bolts and punched out the bushings from the OE speaker boxes with nuts to re-use them. The Polks quite did not fit with stock rear baffles.

Pic's show baffles, bolts with bushings and how I trimmed the speaker baffles.

Vehicle Hood Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper
Hand Audio equipment Camera lens Gadget Eyewear
Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive design Gauge Car subwoofer

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Always fun getting and installing new bits. Congrats! I’ve been contemplating the 7jurock windshield and wasn’t sure about the light vs dark grey. Thx for the pics....actually makes me wonder if there is a “medium grey” anywhere out there. Ness one is def too dark for my needs (although I like the way it looks), but the 7jurock light grey is too light. Hmmmm.....

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
thanks for the picks OP, that light tint would work for me. now its just a matter of pulling the trigger :think:

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I go
had a chance to test the Tune Trapper antenna on a warm day today. I was truly disappointed. It was barely better then stock and the cheap ebay one I tried. some have luck but I did not. I think it has to do with the upper fairing cover being metal. At least on the Vision do not waste your money. May be different on the cross bikes with fiberglass fairings. Oh well.

·
Super Moderator
26,121 Posts
I gohad a chance to test the Tune Trapper antenna on a warm day today. I was truly disappointed. It was barely better then stock and the cheap ebay one I tried. some have luck but I did not. I think it has to do with the upper fairing cover being metal. At least on the Vision do not waste your money. May be different on the cross bikes with fiberglass fairings. Oh well.
It was clever how you tried to mount the antenna. I wish it worked better for you. I've never much listened to my radio on the bike. I stream Pandora non stop. The stereo is much better streaming music with Bluetooth or a mp3 player to the aux cable.

That shield would work for me I believe. I ride in the dark often. Getting off work at 2100 makes sure of that so I've stayed away from tinted shields. I look forward to a ride review.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was clever how you tried to mount the antenna. I wish it worked better for you. I've never much listened to my radio on the bike. I stream Pandora non stop. The stereo is much better streaming music with Bluetooth or a mp3 player to the aux cable.

That shield would work for me I believe. I ride in the dark often. Getting off work at 2100 makes sure of that so I've stayed away from tinted shields. I look forward to a ride review.
I sent an email to the manufacturer and they responded pretty quickly. They asked if I used a Motorola antenna cable extension? I said what does it matter., I was told metra and other brands don't seat well and can cause poor performance . So yes it's true that the extension quite did not fit in all the way to the tunetrapoer cable. I just ordered the Motorola extension. Should arrive mid week, this could be mist of the issue., will update when it arrives. And yes it was fustrating mounting it but at the end it's about how to make things work.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.