New forum member and new owner of a 2012 Victory Cross Country! | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

New forum member and new owner of a 2012 Victory Cross Country!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jfkersey, Apr 5, 2012.

1. jfkersey

jfkersey New Member

Hello Forum Members, My name is Jim and this week I picked up my new black 2012 Victory Cross Country! As a new Victory owner, it’s great to see such a healthy forum for information and sharing. I spent a lot of time reading thru the various topics before making my final decision to buy a Victory! All of this, plus a few fantastic test rides sold me on the bike. A friend of mine has an HD Street Glide, which was my original choice. But, once I started researching the Victory line, the choice seemed clear. My previous bike was a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50. Nice cruiser, but a little under powered for my daily highway commute of 80 miles. This was my first street bike and it turned out to be great for that and easy to ride. However, it was time to move up and on! I picked up black beast this past Tuesday. Weather here in the northeast is a little cool right now, so mileage is still low, but I’m looking forward to a little warmth and sunshine! I included some accessories... - Tall Tour Windshield - Back Rest - Passenger Floor Boards - iPod Integration Kit The accessories are as much for my wife Sherry as for me – we often ride two-up on the weekends. I’m sure she will find this seat more comfortable compared to the (much smaller) seat on the C50! Thanks for all the information! See you online and on the road! -jim

2. Rustyfan2

Rustyfan2 New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2011 Victory XC
    I have a Black 2011 XC I bought 11 months ago and I have 54XX miles on it and it's by far the best bike I've owned. Your gonna love how smooth it is on the road. I went to Sout Dakota last summer and put 2750 miles on it in 8 days. I got better fuel mileage than my buddies on their HD's and could out excelerate them with ease.

3. RoBrown

RoBrown Well-Known Member

07 Victory Kingpin
    Welcome to the Victory family from Ohio. I am sure you will have some good times with the new scooter. Rob

4. Trekwolf164

Trekwolf164 Well-Known Member

Victory Vision,Slingshot
    Welcome to the VOG Jim You have made a great choice in machine and MC forums

5. 11VICXC

11VICXC Member

11' Cross Country/14' Indian Vintage #953
    I have an 11' Black XC too and love every minute I get to spend on it. (BLACK is the FASTEST color)

6. ceebaileys

ceebaileys New Member

Victory
    Welcome from sunny Southern California

7. BILLSDMF

BILLSDMF Active Member

Cross Country
    Congratulations on the new bike and welcome to the VOG ride safe.

8. grusg

grusg New Member

2011 Victory Cross Country, 1977 Honda GL1000, 1952 Triumph Thunderbird
    Hi Jim and Everyone. I traded my blue/white 2009 Hammer for a 2011 black Cross Country. Loved the Hammer, but I'm taking a month off this June to head to Alaska and back. Beside the lack of storage on the Hammer, it also has a "3 hour at best" seat. I've only put about 1,000 miles on the Cross Country so far, but I think it is definitely up to the task. I have a 1977 Honda GL1000 that I was **this close** to taking, but am much happier and more confident with the Cross Country option. Glenn

9. jfkersey

jfkersey New Member

Nice upgrade, Glenn! I rented a Honda Goldwing last September - that's what got me looking for my upgrade. The weather was great in the northeast this weekend, so I finally got some miles on the new XC. Just over 1000 miles now; 200 on Saturday alone! All in all, very happy with my choice. I'm more comfortable on the larger bike now. The stock seat seems fine for now, excellent power...and I love the tunes! I've figured out how to fuel it without pouring the gas down the side. Also adjusting to the sometimes erratic gas gauge, but it's good to have. Finally, I'm looking forward to my daily commute!! Bring on summer!! -jim

10. Xlr8

Xlr8 Member

2010 CrossRoads
    Hi jim and welcome. I glad to hear you enjoying the new XC. I've had my XR just over a month now and REALLY like it. It's funny you refer to your XC as "the beast" because that's the way I feel about my XR, it's a beast! I'm coming off of a VTX1300 which I never really felt lacked for power. (Before that I had an 800 Suzuki Marauder that one laughed at you if you rolled on the throttle at 65mph) I certainly feel like the XR is a beast compared to the VTX. This motor thumps... Big Power! It really is a smooth ride. A part of me misses the little "character" of the VTX but this bike is better by far. I need to get the wife some floorboards. She certainly enjoys riding with me and is the one who encouraged me to get the bike in the first place. Keep piling the miles on and smiling. Good to have you here Jim. Take it easy, Xlr8

11. phoenix9

phoenix9 Well-Known Member

2012 Cross Roads Classic Limited Edition #001
    Welcome from Arizona. I used to own a Suzuki M50, and while I loved the bike, I would not give it high marks for full on touring or 2-up riding. The XC fits both of those bills just fine. I think you will find a ton of helpful information here on the VOG.

12. blackjax911

blackjax911 New Member

2011 XC
    Welcome from Georgia!!! I have a 2011 XC black, I love this bike and you will too. Had 2007 Jackpot for 4 years and wanted something I could ride for long distances and more room. The XC was the perfect bike for me, just having fun dressing it up alittle and performance mods!!!

13. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper Member

Victory Cross Roads - 2012
    I also traded in my Suzuki C50 for a black Cross Roads, what a difference!

14. hmd520

hmd520 Vendor Supporting Vendor

Welcome Jim