VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2007 Hammer. Things need changing, some before others.
I have already put on the Metzeler 880 xl 260 rear tire, ordered the front one, so onto the next thing on my list:

1st That air box has to go.

2nd I need input on best exhaust system. I am sure a lot of you have purchased more than one just trying to find the right one. I want radius slash exhaust in chrome, I think, at least so far. I also liked the short header taped up type too, but it doesn't go with the theme I have in mind. So anyone who has tried a few, or prefers a certain brand, speak up.

By the way I like this forum, everyone seems to try and help. Unlike a few I have been on over the years, pushing a members inferior product. Not motorcycle related, Bows, guns, etc.

Thanks for all the help, look forward to hearing from you guys.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

First off welcome to the VOG and great choice in bikes!
I'm not sure exactly what look you are going for but I dolove the swept pipes that you are talking about. I have been told that most of them rob yourbike of some power though. So that'ssomething to think about.
I personally went with the stage 1 slip-ons but I don't likequite as much volume as the swepts put out.I was on the edge when I ordered them but my dealer convinced me to gowith the slip-ons since I actually gained power then.
This may not be an option for your bike but I really likethe look of the new tri-pro exhaust from Victory. I haven't heard it yet but I think it looks great.

As for the airbox, I don't have much of an opinion onthat. It doesn't bother me. Good luck and be sure to post pics of any ofyour mods.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Blininger. 2 into 1 is a popular choice on Victory, I've seen several, they are an improvement and do look nice.
I just have it in my thick head to get those swept pipes. I almost bought a soft tail with them, and loved the look, but missed the deal by an hour. ( whole different story)

I am learning from a previous post you don't make negative comments about that air box on here. So I will just handle it quietly. LOL

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I'm with ya on the swept exhaust. I actually ordered it & my dealer changed my mind at the last second. I'm glad he did now for the sound but the swept look is much better.
And don't hesitate to voice your opinion on here. There are several other threads on the airbox and a lot of people don't like it. The people on the VOG like a good discussion you just mentioned liking something from brand "H". That will get some quick responses. But the longer you are on this site you will find just as many people who like Harley that don't. So don't sensor yourself. That's not what this site is about at all.

Check these out.
Kingpin Apes and Air filter upgrades..?
S & S or Lloydz air intakes
S & S Air Box

·
Registered
15 Posts

I like the way your hammer is looking.I have a 2006 Hammer with the bassani 2into one short pipe. Dont know if you already seen them but i enjoy the look.It lets you see the swing arm and back tire.​

·
Registered
15 Posts

I forgot to tell you Im not very good with computers Ill try to post apicture or 2 when i figure it out.Ialso forgot to tell you i had the S and S intake with thePower commander installed.RACE READY!​

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the air conditioner guy at the house today to measure for new return. He was a biker, and saw my hammer sitting there in the garage. He walked up and down, around, low, high, asked if I would start it, ran his hand over it, stared, gawked, slobbered, all of it. He loved the slope of the tank and seat, he liked the front turn signals, loved the paint job, he was impressed with the whole thing actually. He owes a Road Star, his buddy has a Dyna, another a Raider. Then he told me about some new pipes he had purchased in St. Pete, Carbon Fiber. I have newer heard of Carbon Fiber pipes, thought they would melt, but he says they don't even get hot on the outside. Anybody ever heard of those. He said they cost $1200. so I ain't buying them anyway, but just wondered if it was Bull or true.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Air Filter options I would recommend is either the S&S Kit or the Llyodz Torque Tubes.

The Torque tubes will give you more grunt but a little on the expensive side. The S&S comes with a downloadable map to match your pipes.

I have the S&S and it really improves power over 3300 RPMs. Bike pulls like it is on steroids. Would like the Torque tubes but cannot justify the small performance gain for 550.00 plus the fuel controller.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you go to http://www.hackercustomexhaust.com/products/victory.php, they have pipes for Victory. When you go to the Victory tab, it shows my Hammer with the Ripper pipes. They look awesome. They don't come with baffles so if you want to quiete them down, you'll have to get those from them too. Everyone here loves them. I'm lazy so I got the black pipes with chrome heat shields. If you know anyone in the military, they give 25% military discount. I also bought their fuel controller. If you're worried about power, worry no more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like those pipes. I think I like the joker style best. I saw some somewhere called Octane. I like those too. My neighbor just told there is a place in Orlando that sells them, I going to call and see what they carry. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

no swepts...go with 2 into 1.
s&s air box or one from lloyds....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You aren't the first to say that, my question is why not the swept look? Something wrong with those? Or do you just prefer the look of the 2:1.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

PerryM said:
You aren't the first to say that, my question is why not the swept look? Something wrong with those? Or do you just prefer the look of the 2:1.
If your looking for performance go with 2:1 if you want looks go with the swepts. Who in Orlando is selling Victory parts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm sure of the name. My neighbor has a buddy that he rides with, he has a 2006 hammer, and that is where he got his. He is getting me the info tomorrow. Yes sky sells Victory in Lakeland, And there is one in St. Pete. I went to St. Pete but they had nothing Victory in stock, clothes, parts, they had a few new Bikes. Haven't gotten Lakeland yet.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

PerryM said:
I'm sure of the name. My neighbor has a buddy that he rides with, he has a 2006 hammer, and that is where he got his. He is getting me the info tomorrow. Yes sky sells Victory in Lakeland, And there is one in St. Pete. I went to St. Pete but they had nothing Victory in stock, clothes, parts, they had a few new Bikes. Haven't gotten Lakeland yet.
Gotcha, not sure where you live but there is also Volusia Motorsports in New Smyrna and Kissimmee Power Sports. I know Volusia has a pretty good stock talk to Andy and tell him I sent you... He gives a decent discount to VOG members

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.