New CFR Exhaust! | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

New CFR Exhaust!

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by Mark Malinski, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Mark Malinski

Mark Malinski New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2015 Cross Country
    IMG_2505.JPG IMG_2506.JPG IMG_1671.jpg Hello Everyone! Just thought I'd post a couple of pics of my CFR Exhaust. Turned out great and sound even better! I didn't record a sound bite because I watched many before choosing the CFR's, and none of the audio did the pipes justice. This is my 2015 CC in Gloss Titanium Metallic.

These are exactly what I wanted. If you are looking for a set of pipes that have a deep rumble at idle, have quite a roar when you get on it, but won't shatter glass or bug the neighbors, these are it!

If anyone has questions about them, please ask away I'll do the best I can. Cary Faas Racing (CFR) is here in AZ about 2 miles from my house.

The other pic is the new tank badges from WitchDoctors. I thought the black subdued would go well with the overall color scheme. The process for changing them was quite easy also.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. smalls

smalls Active Member

2009 Kingpin
    Look good, like the tank badge too.

3. john lattanzio

john lattanzio New Member

HD
    hello people; I tried a search and it showed Harley stuff but how much are they?
    IBBY

4. crosscountryla

crosscountryla Well-Known Member

2014 cross country tour

5. deployed99

deployed99 Active Member

2017 Indy Red Magnum/2011 Cross Country
    According to their website they are 600+ to rework your pipes and put their tip on. I asked about a sound clip for a Vic and the said they didn't have one yet. Go here to their site CFR Motorcycles

6. SubDude

SubDude Well-Known Member

16 Chieftain Silver Smoke
    Hey there Mark, love the look of that ride. Any reason why you didn't go with the voodoo mufflers from Witchdoctors? I don't see how you can beat the $370 for their new mufflers. From the videos on YouTube the baffled voodoo's sound about identical to the CFR's. I am still trying to decide, but I think the Witchdoctors are the best value? Thanks for the pictures and thanks to crosscountryla for the video of the Vision.

7. hirpwrdf

hirpwrdf New Member

2013 Cross Country Tour
    Are the cfr slip ons

8. Mark Malinski

Mark Malinski New Member

2015 Cross Country
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses! To answer some of the questions, the CFR's in black were $649 and yes, they are slip ons. I did the Power Commander and air filter also. I've not had a chance to ride too much with the new set up, only about 50 miles. But, I do feel a definite gain in HP and am getting better gas mileage. I can still hear the tunes fine also.(although Madstad is my next purchase because I think I'm getting wind whipped a bit too much with the stock windshield).

I chose the CFR's for a couple of reasons, the sound being the main thing. My dealer and two of his mechanics have the CFR's on their Cross Countrys and I had the ability to hear them live. The deep rumble was what I was really after. Also, I did not remove my stock pipes and have them re-worked by CFR...my dealer stocks the CFR pipes as CFR themselves are here in AZ. He gets a few sets on hand at a time, those that have already been changed over, and then takes your stock pipes to convert later.

I stopped by CFR as I had mentioned in the original post that they were near where I live. They are backlogged with work because it seems that their pipes for Harley (and now for Victory) are very popular here. They told me it would take about 4 weeks to convert my pipes, so I would be exhaust-less and the bike would sit for four weeks. Nope...not in the weather we're having. Luck would have it CFR directed me to a contact at my dealer who had ordered several sets that had already been converted and he had them on hand. That, and the ability to hear them live and not just an audio recording, swayed me to CFR. Plus, I really like the exhaust tip as well. It looks like a cannon. Correct me if I'm wrong but with Witch Doctors it would be the muffler only and the the stock tips would need to be used. I know I could have ordered other tips from Jon, but then we would be tacking $ onto the $370.

Certainly not speaking ill of Witch Doctors as I have ordered several items from Jon, including those tank badges, I just preferred and chose the CFR pipes. SubDude, you are correct: Witch Doctors is definitely the best price.

I will try and post a video with sound on these this weekend, but as mentioned in several posts other than my own, the audio recording just doesn't do them as much justice as they sound live and in person. The sound difference from stock is obvious, but to really compare the sound with other slip ons or 2 into 1's, you really need to hear them live.

Thank you all, and please ride safe!

9. SubDude

Thank you Mark for you candid answers. It makes perfect sense to me now why you went with the CFR's. Hearing them in person is a must and I will probably have to wait til spring for a visit to the dealer to hear other Vic owners pipes. Damn, it's gonna be a long winter.

10. Mark Malinski

Mark Malinski New Member

2015 Cross Country
    Ok, I tried to post a video here of the CFR Exhaust for a sound comparison, but I have no idea how to do it. When I click the video icon, it asks for a URL, well the video was taken by my phone and just downloaded to the files in my computer. There is no URL. The MB is too big to click the "upload a file" button.

I'll keep trying, but if anyone has suggestions on how to do it, I would appreciate it. I am not so computer-saavy.

Thanks and ride safe!

11. SubDude

You can post it to youtube from your phone. You would have to register with youtube, never done that, probably a pain the the ars!

12. Iron Lion

Iron Lion Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Country
    When you see the button "Post Reply" there is a button right by it says "Upload a file" Click on that to load video from your computer. By the way I am no smart guy I just push a lot of buttons to see what happens next:devil3:!

13. crosscountryla

crosscountryla Well-Known Member

2014 cross country tour

• Like Like x 1
  14. john lattanzio

john lattanzio New Member

HD
    hello people; I don't own a Vic but witch bike is the one in the video going thru the gears? Also how high are you taking the revs?
    I like the sound.
    I'd like to here a Basani 2 into 1 doing the same on a Vic bagger
    IBBY

15. Oldman47

Oldman47 Well-Known Member

2013 black Vision
    The first post is a Vision. The one going through the gears has a dash similar to a Vision but all of the bikes have the same engine. It sounds like around 3500 at the shifting points to me.