VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@Bartcanoe Cool! I love classics. Are you taking her down to the frame? Looks like a great restore project to me. Congrats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Looks like it will be a fun bike once you get it going.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Nice ride. But my wife will want to have a word with you, since I may have to scratch that itch and get one of those old "super bikes". Yeah! I'm telling her it's your fault, and you started it. Sorry. :angel4:

·
Registered
441 Posts
I probably will take it to the frame eventually. First, I want it on the road and rideable.
Just curious why the hurry to get it on the road? Seems someone who has other newer bikes would buy something like this as a project more than anything. If you brought it back to like brand new condition it would be pretty neat as long as it didn't cost a lot. But then again there is a following for the old, not so clean functional bikes too guess.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I rode next to a guy I knew with one of these. It was interesting how the whole bike would go up a couple of inches when he got on the throttle. I guess the drive shaft causes it somehow whereas a belt or chain will cause the rear end to squat down some.
The older Guzzi's do that also. My '89 Mille GT is a hoot to ride especially if I don't ride her for a few months.
Dual disc dry clutch so the friction zone is very narrow & that's always a surprise.
The torque throws the bike to the right while the rear end lifts up a bit.

Pullin a wheelie is a wild experience, the whole bike twists counter clockwise so when you're coming down it's almost like leaning into a right curve.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Just curious why the hurry to get it on the road? Seems someone who has other newer bikes would buy something like this as a project more than anything. If you brought it back to like brand new condition it would be pretty neat as long as it didn't cost a lot. But then again there is a following for the old, not so clean functional bikes too guess.
It is definitely a project. I don't know that my budget can handle a true original restoration. The XS750 isn't as popular as some other older bikes, so parts aren't as available nor cheap. I'm really in no hurry just want to get it rideable then figure out the time and money I want to put into it.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
I just found a Honda CBX in very good condition in my area. Man, you guys are gonna make me break my piggy bank.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.