New Bike, new questions, new sounds | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

New Bike, new questions, new sounds

Discussion in 'Tech Q&A' started by MoparSteve, Feb 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MoparSteve

MoparSteve Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Vistory Vision
    Just signed on a '08 Victory Vision Street with tour pack. When I was at the dealership (who was an EVERYTHING used dealership) I couldn't figure out how to open the fuel door. Well when I got home I checked out some videos and logically found out that the key is needed. D'UH! Well I am a heel toe guy and will be changing my shift arm with a new unit. Hopefully this will take up the shifter slack. I know it has the hex shaft that was only from '08-10. Hopefully this will solve the sloppy shifter and that will be the end of it. I will get a shop manual for the bike as well as I am a seasoned car hobby mechanic, but will be devoting most of my time now to bikes, more specifically my Vision. As with cars mufflers is a very subjective thing. When I rode my first Vision ever, it had the Victory stage 1 installed and sounded great. My M109R had the stock exhaust, my VTX was stock except for 1 day when I installed 4" straight pipes , took 1 10 minute ride and then put them up for sale and went back to stock. My Valkyrie has the 6 into 6 Cobra straight pipes and sounded AWESOME! My Road King had 50/50s and I LOVED that sound. I noted the Vstock Victory exhaust is WAAAAY quiet. So here is my question what is the best bang for the buck non obnoxious pipe you can buy for the Vision. I have been checking out D & D, RC Components, witchdoctors and of course the V1s. Some are crazy price and also I noted Vision exhaust can be tough to find. I typically ride with a half helmet and sound does not bother me, it feeds my soul! With that noted I like my tunes as well (old and new school metalhead and hard rock fan) Thoughts group???

2. DPD1413

DPD1413 Active Member

2016 Cross Country
    Not sure if they make them for Visions, but I LOVE my Ness big honkers on my XC. Nice rumble at idle, can hear radio while cruising and sounds like a MONSTER when I get on it. Price was around $450. Have no complaints

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MoparSteve

MoparSteve Member

2012 Vistory Vision
    Yeah, I noticed a lot of manufacturers don't mention availability for the Vision :fie:

4. mister-g

mister-g Well-Known Member

2014 vision tour
    Mike VanBavel | Facebook you can check out the gonzo garage on face book. apparently they do a bunch of stuff for vics, they also have sound clips you can listen to. of course you're in QC and they're in florida,,, I think.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MoparSteve

MoparSteve Member

2012 Vistory Vision
    Have plenty of friends in the US where I ship stuff. I'll go check them out.

6. BrotherWind

BrotherWind Well-Known Member

Vision tour 10th anniversary. #90
    Congrats on your new ride. I have the cherry bomb exhaust and like it. PO installed. I'd say nice rumble. But the heel toe shifter is great. I just installed mine last week and it shifts so much easier and faster making it feel like I gained 20hp. Honda east Toledo on eBay has them at $107.99 free shipping, for the 08-10 models. Good luck and stay cool...

7. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Well-Known Member

2020 Harley FLHCS 114.
    I went through a (lot) LOL of reading on this forum for Vision exhaust, put that in the search feature under the Vision section. I went with the Ness Big Honkers $413 shipped.
    Arlen Ness Big Honker Slip-On Mufflers For Victory Vision 2008-2016
    At first I did not think I would like them, but after a few hundred miles I changed my mind and will be keeping them. Nice low rumble at idle and cruise, but really (BARK) when I get on it. I can still hear my stereo with stock speakers just fine, although I don't use it much anyway. Sound is very subjective and different for everyone.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Nessie044

Nessie044 Well-Known Member

2013 Vision
    +10 on the Honkers. Had them on three Visions and never considered anything else.

They're completely manageable. Stay off them and they can be downright civilized. Wick it up and they develop some attitude.

Respectable bump in HP/TQ according to the Lloydz dyno, too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Etroze86

Etroze86 Active Member

Judge
    • Like Like x 2
  10. crosscountryla

crosscountryla Well-Known Member

2014 cross country tour
    I sent you a private message

• Like Like x 1
  11. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    How many miles are on the Stage 1 pipes?

I have Stage 1 pipes on my 13 and find them plenty load but they only got that way after putting some miles through them.

I've never heard them next to the Big Hockers and I'm sure the BHs are louder, but if you're looking for a nice rumble that is not obnoxious I would think you would like the Stage 1. Mine bark when I'm on it yet allow me to listen to tunes on the super slab. However, I can always hear them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    I was going to suggest Vic Tri-Ovals but apparently they don't fit a Vision. And I'm not sure what does. Someone on the board will know.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Oldman47

Oldman47 Well-Known Member

2013 black Vision
    Changing the shifter will not "solve" the loose shifter issue. If it really bothers you, buywitchdoctors.com has a bushing kit that will make things tighten up. I have a very sloppy feeling shifter that has been with me since day 1. It is no big deal and here I am at 30k+ miles with no impact from it. Beware that the bushing kit comes with a warning that you may need to loosen things up after you install it because it may cause friction/drag.

14. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    I don't think the shifter bushing at Witchdoctors will work on the 08-10.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MoparSteve

MoparSteve Member

2012 Vistory Vision
    The Witch Doctors bushing kit only works on 2011+ with the rounded shafts. 2008 -2010 have hex shafts unfortunately.

• Informative Informative x 1