VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the 09 Vegas 8 Ball. It rides real nice and smooth. I just have to get used to riding with a skinny front wheel. I am going to be taking it back to the dealer to have them install the locking saddle bags, black swept exhaust, and 8 ball passenger seat. After the break-in period, my next two addons will be the S&S intake and the Power Commander. The bike should be a rocket. Once it is all on, I will have some pics to share, and dyno numbers

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Nice!!!!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
VEGAS8B said:
So I bought the 09 Vegas 8 Ball. It rides real nice and smooth. I just have to get used to riding with a skinny front wheel. I am going to be taking it back to the dealer to have them install the locking saddle bags, black swept exhaust, and 8 ball passenger seat. After the break-in period, my next two addons will be the S&S intake and the Power Commander. The bike should be a rocket. Once it is all on, I will have some pics to share, and dyno numbers
\
IMHO if you are doing the swepts with the S&S intake save your money on the power commander, you won't acheive anything except raising of your blood pressure. Add the commander if you do pistons, cams or something major. The S&S map that comes with your intake is as good as it gets on the Vegas.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very nice ...I like the way mine sounds and rides.. all i have is the factory stage 1 i am very happy with it. the dealer installed the parts and did the map so if i have any problems they can fix it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
dsjr70 said:
VEGAS8B said:
IMHO if you are doing the swepts with the S&S intake save your money on the power commander, you won't acheive anything except raising of your blood pressure. Add the commander if you do pistons, cams or something major. The S&S map that comes with your intake is as good as it gets on the Vegas.
Agreed on just using the S+S map and skipping the commander.
I've got a JP with swepts and S+S. I have the controller but may sell it as I don't need it. The only thing I'm worried about is if they start clamping way down on noise I will have to "add" baffling to the swepts and I'm not sure if the S+S map will compensate for MORE baffling.
But in short, YES whatdsjr said........

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to do the thunder monster baffles for the vic swept pipes but i dont know what model to get. I am also getting the S&S intake because it is on sale for $250 woot! Oh yeah, and the overdrive pully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.