1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
I do not see the point! It appears that one still has to hold it up at stops etc. and need a side stand when not being ridden. Extra expense as now there is three tyres to replace, and to a lesser degree a noisy chain that will need replacing possibly before any belt would need replacing....

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I think they should have put 2 on the rear as well and added a seatbelt. Then you wouldn't need an endorsement or a helmet.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are all getting older and will all get to the point where we'll have to question our ability to safely operate on 2 wheels. Do we walk away or look at Trikes, Slingshots, Cam Ams, Tilting Motor Works set up or this new fangled contraption.

I like the idea of still leaning into turns. Hopefully these new concepts and mfg feedback of them will eventually yield to the development of something attractive on the market in the next decade.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's one fugly machine and doesn't interest me in the least. Can you imagine trying to avoid pot holes in the twisties on that thing?
If one front tire hits a pot hole and the other is firmly planted on asphalt, is it a problem? I never rode any 3 wheel machine, so I don't know.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Yamaha has too much money if they're wasting it on junk like the Niken. An exercise in engineering with nothing worthwhile in benefits or possible sales.

Reactions: Mikekoz13

·
Registered
634 Posts
No thanks. Ugly, more maintenance, and just F'in weird.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Reactions: Half_Crazy

·
Registered
731 Posts
We are all getting older and will all get to the point where we'll have to question our ability to safely operate on 2 wheels. Do we walk away or look at Trikes, Slingshots, Cam Ams, Tilting Motor Works set up or this new fangled contraption.

I like the idea of still leaning into turns. Hopefully these new concepts and mfg feedback of them will eventually yield to the development of something attractive on the market in the next decade.
Bob, I agree with your sentiment. I would like to state though, for the record, there is nothing motorcycle-like about the Slingshot. My wife has one, and while it is certainly a blast to drive, it is a car. I don't know how Polaris got the govt to classify it as a motorcycle and I'm not mad, but saying it is, doesn't make it so.

·
Registered
9,245 Posts
Aside from the maintenance, extra tire expense and all the rest, it seems like it's just more weight to have to contend with in the corners, at the handlebars. Why would you want to make it harder to control/"steer"?

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
It's definitely different to the eye. The article I read about this 3 wheeled beast is it is amazingly solid on the roads. Having the front end go out from under the rider is a near impossibility with this bike. It would need ABS brakes so the back end didn't lock up and walk around the front in a slide. It does look odd but I'd like to ride one before giving any final judgment.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Fake News

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.