VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you have to replace any cables, or brake line? Do it yourself? I gotta do something soon on mine, stock bars aren't letting me really lean back into my backrest (bad back issues) and my fingers are going numb after 20 minutes or less.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
You done good. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you have to replace any cables, or brake line? Do it yourself? I gotta do something soon on mine, stock bars aren't letting me really lean back into my backrest (bad back issues) and my fingers are going numb after 20 minutes or less.
Yes did them myself took me a couple of hours, had to reroute the cables but they all work well

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been doing a lot of researching about changing the Bars on my Cross Country, one of the biggest questions I've had is how to reroute the Stock cables and brake line like many say I can with some Bars. But what to expect, the how's and photo or video examples of it, have been hard to come by for that specific section of my coming project.

Well here is a link to some excellent information, he's installing Heli Bars, a bit different set then my choice, but provides excellent information for anyone thinking about it at several key points especially in regards to stock cable rerouting. I've run across this gentleman's excellent stuff before while researching why additional LED side mounted turn signals worked in the garage but not on the road and I'm actually thinking about adding his solution and perhaps the Mirror Turn Signals myself. . .

So I would suggest anyone thinking about upgrading to Apes using Stock Cables take a look at his excellent photo documented work here.

http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct-helibars-installation/

Reactions: 13SicVic
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.