VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's been posted and I've reviewed many threads, but I've got a set of vertically challenged bars. I was wondering if it's worth getting longer cables and hoses. I'm also doing the hydraulic clutch. Most say they are tight but make it. I'd like the room to make certain I never have an issue with the stock ones. Opinions and experience please! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I know it's been posted and I've reviewed many threads, but I've got a set of vertically challenged bars. I was wondering if it's worth getting longer cables and hoses. I'm also doing the hydraulic clutch. Most say they are tight but make it. I'd like the room to make certain I never have an issue with the stock ones. Opinions and experience please! Thanks!
If you plan on going with bars larger than +2" up/back when compared to stock, you will likely need new cables. If you go with anything larger than +4", up/back, you will definitely need new cables. Being comfortable on your bike is critical, particularly if you plan on spending hours per day in the saddle. Do it, make it yours, make it comfortable, and don't look back! IMO, skip the expense of the hydraulic kit and invest in nice long replacement cables.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have the bars. Not sure how much more they are. I believe they may be 3 and 3. Just not sure if how much longer on the cables and hoses. If they fit bit get snug 2 inches should do it. Just looking for someone that may have done it already. And I already have the hydro clutch kit. I have a hydraulic clutch on my other bike and I don't like the idea if having a cable fail far from home. It was a plan before I even bought the bike. No worries.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Which bars from where do you have?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the FMB vertically challenged bars. Measuring for the right length clutch hose should be easy I'm just curious if somebody has used these bars and upgraded their cables and brake hose did they go plus 2 or + 3?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate it but I'm a big hydraulic clutch fan I've had them on all my bikes and it's not a big deal for me to upgrade to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.