VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're a Norton fan, I would think you'd just love these bikes.
I think they hit the nail on the head design-wise.
View attachment 504625 View attachment 504627 View attachment 504629
"the Nomad starts at $12,900 while the more rugged Ranger is priced at $15,500 which positions them favorably within the market."

Now I'm gonna take a shot at some who complained that Indian has overpriced the FTR...

$15,000 for a 650cc bike.... idk.
Obviously these guys must do some market research and get backing for their project.
Just sayin' --- the FTR looks like a better deal to me.
View attachment 504631

Both brands are counting on their name to get the higher price....and for many, It's worth it.

Harley has been doing that for decades. People buy the name, by and large, and seem to overlook the cost.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
There ya go......
First impression: Oh Yeah I like it. Another really good retro-modern bike.
Then I scrolled down & saw the 650cc/$12900. info & lost interest.

Reactions: KeepRidin!

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There ya go......
First impression: Oh Yeah I like it. Another really good retro-modern bike.
Then I scrolled down & saw the 650cc/$12900. info & lost interest.
I did the same thing!
I don't see much there.
Tubular frame. 2 wheels. Little engine.....
$12-15k doesn't seem to get much these days.
I'm sure the used market is the way to go.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
If you're a Norton fan, I would think you'd just love these bikes.
I think they hit the nail on the head design-wise.
View attachment 504625 View attachment 504627 View attachment 504629
"the Nomad starts at $12,900 while the more rugged Ranger is priced at $15,500 which positions them favorably within the market."

Now I'm gonna take a shot at some who complained that Indian has overpriced the FTR...

$15,000 for a 650cc bike.... idk.
Obviously these guys must do some market research and get backing for their project.
Just sayin' --- the FTR looks like a better deal to me.
View attachment 504631

Both brands are counting on their name to get the higher price....and for many, It's worth it.

Harley has been doing that for decades. People buy the name, by and large, and seem to overlook the cost.
I am one of those who thought the FTR was priced too high. So what do you think my reaction to this bike is going to be? If I am in the show room and I am looking at this thing, I am liking it. Then I look at the price tag. And I am turning and walking away. I don't think the pricing is favorable within the market at all. The market is being driven by greed and optimism that people are just stupid and will pay these inflated prices. Well I am not one of them. And if this trend continues I will never buy a new bike again. Too many excellent used machines out there to get ripped off like this.

Reactions: MagVic CCT

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
It just hit me that the Guzzi 750 is around 8k to 10k depending on model.
(Altho the new 850 Enduro looks like it will be in the 11,900. range.)

Here's the thing with me:
Y'all know I love my Guzzi's & those 750's are a blast to ride but I look at the price tag then I look at low mileage used Vic's.........
Not gonna buy new when I can get a great used bike with all the bugs worked out & maybe some xtra's.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ducati Scrambler is 1100cc and has a bunch of different configuration for 8-11K, think that would be a better option.

The thing that bugs me with Ducati (and I've owned them) is the expensive maintenance. It used to be every 8000 miles it was having the Desmodromic valves adjusted.
I like Ducs nontheless.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
If you are worried about price, Royal Enfield should be back in the USA shortly. I am considering a Himalayan for my daily commute:

Royal Enfield Himalayan Adventure Bike Coming to the U.S. Next Summer

...and the new Interceptor and Continental are gorgeous IMHO:

Royal Enfield Unveils Two Retro 650 Motorcycles at EICMA
Idk....
The Royal Enfield is not the best built bike. Not great for reliability. Some things look at least as bad as a Chinese knock-off bike.

If you gave me one for free, I'd try it out.

The new Enfield adventure bike is $16,000!
***edit***
Wait--- I was looking at the new models from the show this past week, and I think I was looking at the Moto Guzzi adventure bike...it was next to Enfield.

Yup $5000 is cheap....the used market should be even cheaper.

·
6,677 Posts
@DorsetBlue I happen to really like that Interceptor. I also respect the name. And if I were in the market for just a kick-around bike to ride around town in and take short trips, I would be all over it. Royal Enfield was one of the stars of EICMA, simply by producing a real bike that looks great, will perform well and is offered at a reasonable price. I hope they sell like mad! And I think they will, regardless of how well received thy are in the US. The rest of the world will buy them. My opinion, of course, but it is what it is! :biggrin:

·
6,677 Posts
Oh, but Royal Enfield is too conservative. They just make these nice little "conventional" motor bikes. Well, that might have been the case before, but I like the direction they are going. Look at this guy!

Yeah baby! Tryin out some new concepts! I like it...

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
If you are worried about price, Royal Enfield should be back in the USA shortly. I am considering a Himalayan for my daily commute:

Royal Enfield Himalayan Adventure Bike Coming to the U.S. Next Summer

...and the new Interceptor and Continental are gorgeous IMHO:

Royal Enfield Unveils Two Retro 650 Motorcycles at EICMA
Royal Enfield is here in some areas now. We have a dealer in Mijami. I took these pictures a few months ago at a dealer on Krome Ave south of Miami. Don't remember the prices but I remember thinking they were inexpensive and looked a whole lot better than the ones I have seen overseas.
View attachment 504983

View attachment 504985

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
The new Enfield adventure bike is $16,000!
***edit***
Wait--- I was looking at the new models from the show this past week, and I think I was looking at the Moto Guzzi adventure bike...it was next to Enfield.

Yup $5000 is cheap....the used market should be even cheaper.
Guzzis were next to the Enfields at the show.
The Guzzi with saddlebags & trunk is around $12,900.

Amazingly used Enfields are not that much cheaper than new.
I really like the Classic Desert & keep checking Ebay / Craigs list for a really cheap one, haven't found it in 3 years of watching unless it is totally ragged out.
FYI: Anybody looking at used 500cc Enfields with low mileage Beware: If break in was not done correctly it looks like the rod will hammer the crank oval.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.