VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the black wire from the harness and plugged connectors back together and this tripped the engine light on the dash. Do I need the aftermarket plugs on a 2017? If so, can I run it as-is until I get them?

~Marc

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
What wire, what plug, what are you texting about..... The harness has quite a lot of wires and plugs attached to it....

·
Registered
17,976 Posts
Won't that cause Global Warming, I mean Climate Change like that has been happening since the World was covered with dinosaur poop. You see what they did to ol T-Rex!

You can see by our lack of knowledge, we don't have no stinking black wire problem with the reincarnated sensor... I thought it was never cut the green wire or:

·
Registered
634 Posts
NEVER TOUCH THE BLACK WIRE....... The black wire controls the.....Hey look a squirrel.....
That's not a squirrel........ THAT"S A BLACK WIRE GREMLIN!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: timtim and Flyboy

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
That plug I believe, you should never had touched, not knowing the history of it....

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I'm assuming that you're talking about the O2 Sensors.

On the 2017 models, the black wire mod doesn't work. You'll need a set of 4 wire O2 eliminators. I believe some people have ordered them direct from dynojet.

Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I'm assuming that you're talking about the O2 Sensors.

On the 2017 models, the black wire mod doesn't work. You'll need a set of 4 wire O2 eliminators. I believe some people have ordered them direct from dynojet.
Thanks for being the grown up.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Plug them back in. What's the point. Get a tuner and then get a dyno tune.

Reactions: Flyboy

·
Registered
414 Posts
A. Why are you unplugging random wires without researching first?
II. Everybody on here already knows you can't just unplug the O2s on a 17 Victory.
C. The more intelligent (AKA grown up) question might have been " Hey guys How can I bypass my O2s on my 2017 Victory without getting any negative results or error codes"
4. You want grown up answers there son you gotta ask grown up questions. Besides, it's all meant in good fun...... '-)

"So I call up my preacher
I say: "Gimme strength for Round 5"
He said: "You don't need no strength, you need to grow up, son"
I said: "Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,
And dying to me don't sound like all that much fun" John Mellencamp - Uh-huh

Attachments

Reactions: CPT PYRO

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
A. Why are you unplugging random wires without researching first?
II. Everybody on here already knows you can't just unplug the O2s on a 17 Victory.
C. The more intelligent (AKA grown up) question might have been " Hey guys How can I bypass my O2s on my 2017 Victory without getting any negative results or error codes"
4. You want grown up answers there son you gotta ask grown up questions. Besides, it's all meant in good fun...... '-)

"So I call up my preacher
I say: "Gimme strength for Round 5"
He said: "You don't need no strength, you need to grow up, son"
I said: "Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,
And dying to me don't sound like all that much fun" John Mellencamp - Uh-huh
Love your numbering lol!

I'm afraid we've scared him off....

·
Registered
414 Posts
I hope not cuz you know bro' we weren't serious, just funnin'. Riding is serious enough eh......(Aw heck now I'm going to have to go to my "safe place" and have a Moscow Mule to console me....,, ;-)

Reactions: CPT PYRO

·
Registered
17,976 Posts
I have to be honest, sometimes I wonder if it is a troll and have seen several all of sudden post, a strange question and the first post. Always looking for the trip wires and how paranoid of me. A sense of humor is needed with this bunch and I was looking forward to @Half_Crazy 's response.

His question was answered by our astute @CPT PYRO. I learned something and reduces my fears in acquiring anything above a 2015...

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
I was looking forward to @Half_Crazy 's response.
I'm SO done with O2 sensor questions. I don't give a free flyin' f**k in a free rollin' donut about anybody's O2 sensors. The information is there... 20 times over. It has been discussed ad nauseam here and everywhere else. Done with it now. How many times and how many ways can you say it?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
It's hard to search O2, needs 3 or more letters and sensor will work but brings up plenty of other stuff. I think the search ****tion sucks. Also some folks just can't spell so it might be 02, O2, o2, ○2, or °2. Wonder if "oxygen" brings up anything...

Back to your regularly scheduled bowel movement.

Reactions: Flyboy

·
Registered
17,976 Posts
I'm SO done with O2 sensor questions. I don't give a free flyin' f**k in a free rollin' donut about anybody's O2 sensors. The information is there... 20 times over. It has been discussed ad nauseam here and everywhere else. Done with it now. How many times and how many ways can you say it?
With ya and I did learn a bit from your posts. It is a new guys thing at times and I felt the same on the Fuel Pump ECM reset.

I have very limited knowledge on the Vic motor and you have been from the inside out. So we may need that Yoda thing every now and then....

Primate Font Poster Wrinkle Happy

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.