1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a recent Ride Like a Pro Class.
Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Helmet
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Yep that is two up in a modified Police motor skills course. This all started out with the statement ".. that's dumb to take a skills course one up when we ride two up..." "OK, You're on!" the rest is history. The real key is teamwork and trust between both. with that all things are possible. These pixs are on the 24ft circle. Check out the Freedom Riders class Ride Like A Pro Maryland - Mechanicsville Maryland - Education Facebook for some vids.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Please correct the grammer in your title. It should be...
"Never let it be said that these things CAN'T maneuver"

Added the 's' since you used the word 'these' instead of 'this' and corrected the context so that you were not insulting the bike's ability (opposite of what you were trying to do.)
...grammer police report complete EOM...LOL

PS - You could have also said "Always let it be said that this thing CAN maneuver" and been correct but where's the fun in that, right?

• Haha
Reactions: JC_Miami and wcato3

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Or in this case strike alarm and wounder in the folks reading the headings! Makes folks look to see whats this all about ! Inquiring minds! A possibly misleading headline would certianly get more atention then a gramaticly correct one! There just boring!

• Winner
Reactions: Squatch

·
Registered
6,671 Posts

Added the 's' since you used the word 'these' instead of 'this' and corrected the context so that you were not insulting the bike's ability (opposite of what you were trying to do.)

PS - You could have also said "Always let it be said that this thing CAN maneuver" and been correct but where's the fun in that, right?
Anything in a post can be edited EXCEPT the title. It its what it is.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Anything in a post can be edited EXCEPT the title. It its what it is.
That's false. If you are the thread starter there is a button at the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools" . Click on that and you get to edit the title.

Reactions: primethious

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well done. With you wingspan tight rights may not be much of an issue, but for some of us, that clutch gets awful hard to modulate when that far away.
Thanks SB,
If you look at the video's the jackpot had a great Marine driving her. and yes he is short on the vertical but big in stature. It is interesting to see how the egos and attitudes come to the class and after a exercise or two they are either left watching due to some excuse or the egos and attitudes melt away and the real learnin' begins.

Seven riders that day and they all learned valuable skills and walked away with a greater appreciation and confidence. Hell one rider had a real time of the tight turns ( Thinking too much) he relayed to me that after the class a few days later he executed a perfect U-turn in the parking lot without thinking about it!

PS sorry about forgetting the "s"

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Well I did forget the "s" sue me, it has been a busy day. at least one understood the title thanks.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice... I sure would like to take that course.
I imagine you come out with a lot more confidence and are able to make that bike dance.
Well done.
This is the 5th time I have taken this course, couple times on my Gold Wing and now three times on the Vic. according to the instructor, Dave this is the first time a student has ever ridden the course two up. I have to say I was very nervous at first but after the first couple of exercises we got in the grove and it was just plain fun.

Imagine that learning skills and having fun. What a concept.

I am sure wherever you are located there are skills courses available, this one does wonders to cure the duck walk.

Cheers

·
Registered
471 Posts
I had an official certified testimony of the maneuverability of the XC from a figure of high authority: The OL stated to me as we were pulling around a parking lot "just because you can scrape the boards with me on doesn't mean you have to".

There you have it. Official.

:):loser2:

·
Registered
390 Posts
I had an official certified testimony of the maneuverability of the XC from a figure of high authority: The OL stated to me as we were pulling around a parking lot "just because you can scrape the boards with me on doesn't mean you have to".

There you have it. Official.

:):loser2:
I'm in the same boat...grandson loves it when I scrape the boards...wife punches me in the ribs.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Good for you Squatch
Bike looks good 2 up all banked over..

• Haha
Reactions: Iron_Horse

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Or in this case strike alarm and wounder in the folks reading the headings! Makes folks look to see whats this all about ! Inquiring minds! A possibly misleading headline would certianly get more atention then a gramaticly correct one! There just boring!
That's a lot of posts about the title rather than the content.
I am going to start a similar thread but with a title that is less controversial:

"Let it be said."

That's it. What do you think?

Reactions: poptop

·
Super Moderator
26,504 Posts
That's a lot of posts about the title rather than the content.
I am going to start a similar thread but with a title that is less controversial:

"Let it be said."

That it. What do you think?
You should change the . to ...

:rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: Bujee1
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.