VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a couple of blokes at the motel where i was staying for four nights at a bowls carnival I attended up north of me. I didn't ride the bike as I knew when the carnival was over, I would just fill it up again and head slightly north west then south, then west again, back out west visiting relations and friends, so took the car knowing full well i would just finish the three days of bowls then come home again to rife the beast again tomorrow....

Now for the reason of the heading, these two blokes bugged me for two days as to who made this bike I spoke of. I told them victory motorcycle company used to make them and they would ask again after guessing things like, Honda, BMW, Harley etc. etc. had ducati mentioned a couple of times, suzuki a few times, and a myriad other old and new bike brands, but always the same thing came up every now and then, "never heard of them".... I was being mean a little though and almost blurbed out a couple of time, that Polaris was the main company behind the Victory brand, but bit the tongue and was just enjoying the guessing game....

I get the same reactions even when the big victory signage on the tank and the silver pannier hinges that are over an inch high saying VICTORY as well so that was fun......

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I've gotten that a few times too. "Yea, but who *makes* them? Honda?" >.<

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
It seems to me at least to my expierience now that Vic has dropped out of building motercycles,that the name has become more excepted in some ways , by the motercycle community as a whole!
I honestly believe many knew of them before but used the false pretense of not knowing of them to make the odd dig at some of us owners?
Also As you pointed out there is a stigma being associated to Polaris that gets under some folks skin ,some admitt it some will not !
This association with Polaris is viewed by some as a lessening of worth perhaps and there is why the hesitancy to clarify ,comes from!
As time goes by and we agian become dinosaurs we will then in all likelyhood truly be a forgotten brand!
That in effect brings me anyway full circle as I selected My choice of motercycle partly because it was a let me use the term 1% er ,so to speak,a odd man out ,few knew about!
My choice was based on reasearch and the great looks of the Geezer glide!
Today Victory has gained notarioty due to its demise as much so as its individuality!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.