VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am installing the Ness Fly bars on my 08 Kingpin and I have the 2" KM risers.

1) Do you leave the stock bushings in the handlebars or take them out? If so do you install any type of sleeves or?

2) Am I going to need extended cables? If so it seems the Barnetts from Conquest customs seem to be the way to go.

I installed them as is and the cables seem a bit tight and the busings are a bit sloppy but they were before. I understand that is pretty common for Vics and they have some updated bushings. I am still trying to decide wether to use the 2" risers or not. They have a nice setback and are pretty tall but that may be easier on my back for longer rides. Any feedback and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Do you have a Hydraulic Clutch? I was talking to Scott at Conquest Customs about extending mine, I have Hy Clutch, he said, stock should do, but since I have the RoadLoc (Disc Lock) on mine so there goes my slack. I was thinking of installing the Fly Bars but I will need to increase the length 2 to 3"+, install one or the other not both with out extending.Your risers might be pushing you over the limit.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OneThumb said:
Do you have a Hydraulic Clutch? I was talking to Scott at Conquest Customs about extending mine, I have Hy Clutch, he said, stock should do, but since I have the RoadLoc (Disc Lock) on mine so there goes my slack. I was thinking of installing the Fly Bars but I will need to increase the length 2 to 3"+, install one or the other not both with out extending.Your risers might be pushing you over the limit.
Nope, this has the cable acuated clutch.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I installed Fly bars on my Hammer and had to change the routing of myfront brake line,from in front of the triple clamp to behind the triple clamp, to get enough slack. Then I had to cut the metal bracket off the line to clean it up. Not sure if it is the same for your bike or not. FYI

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

ZZedmonds, how did you get on with the risers?
Gurleyman, do you have any conclusion yet as to your cable lengths yet?
I'm looking at getting the 2" risers, on an 8 Ball,but I'm hesitating as I'm still not sure if I'll need to change the control cables and sitting over here in the United Kingdom it may take some time to pick up new cables if I need them.
Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

With the 2" risers I would need to get longer cables. I opted to install the bars without them. Not a big deal since I just traded it in for a Cross Country. :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Hi all,

I spoke to KewlMetal and they told me that if I was adding the 2" risers (Item # 452) to the Ness Fly Bars, then I didn't need to extend any of my cables, so I've ordered them and will see how I go when they arrive.
All the best.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

I've now fitted the 2" risers on my 09 Vegas and have found no problems.
All the cabling is long enough and the look and feel to the set up is great.
I'll post some pictures in a few days, after having ridden with this configurationfor a while.
Paul.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.