VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new tire today and called around for price of putting it on and it was from $90-130 that's with it on the bike
Some said they would have to take saddlebags off and exhaust which I know you don't have to do that so after watching Paul's video on how to take rear tire off I decided I would do it and take it to someone to change the tire
The only problem I had was I didn't have a 27mm socket or wrench so I went and got one
Still not sure if I need to change the tire
:eek:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Bicycle wheel

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
:headbang:Drag radial ..... what you thinking ! Go out and do some burnouts ........:fiddy:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
@rainman when putting it back together make sure you get the tongue on the caliper bracket back in the grove on the swingarm...
The caliber bracket was a ***** to get on but got all back together and everything seems to be alright
'K
the easiest way to do it... put the rear caliper in the groove, hold it in-place and slide/snitch a long thin/narrow cable 'round the rear swing-arm and caliper, when mounting the spacer 'n axle ya may need to maneuver the caliper bracket hole back just a-bit. After the wheels mounted but, not tightened, cut/remove the cable tie. The method described is much easier than fightin' the weight of the tire, the spacer, 'n caliper position at the same time.

Reactions: Ricworks247

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
'K
the easiest way to do it... put the rear caliper in the groove, hold it in-place and slide/snitch a long thin/narrow cable 'round the rear swing-arm and caliper, when mounting the spacer 'n axle ya may need to maneuver the caliper bracket hole back just a-bit. After the wheels mounted but, not tightened, cut/remove the cable tie. The method described is much easier than fightin' the weight of the tire, the spacer, 'n caliper position at the same time.
That is definitely something I will do next time thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.