VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Why not ?
Maby you could set it up so any interested people could submit a " concept " or drawing of the Vog patch ( with Andy's permission ) and " Ontario " together.
It would not need to be a " copy " of the existing patch, but maby a new design with certian traits that folks would recognize as the Vog, but specific to " Ontario ".
Maby run a post for X amount of days, and when time is up, the " Mayor " could stamp his approval of the design, and for a small fee, we members could purchase these .
One thing I would suggest is that this patch be designed by Ontario members, this way the designs submitted would be from our local ( provincial ) members.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
It can be a fun project and a good way to promote your club. My riding club went through this last year. We established a timeline. For example, 60 days to submit designs for review by the officers, those approved were voted on by the general membership at the next meeting. We had our patch reviewed by a local "bike club" to verify that it was not violating any standards that might be judged disrespectful to avoid any conflicts. (No rockers, state or region outline in the graphic etc.) With this project or anything else like it (t-shirts etc.) think it through from start to finish (design, production, payment collection shipping etc.) and it wish be much less of a hassle and your members will be much happier.

Have fun!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
bobbyg said:
I like the first one but change the tire to a Tim Horton's doughnut A

·
Registered
834 Posts
Trek
The Mayor (A.K.A. Alan) has made Victory and Tim Horton's so synonymous that combo dealerships are sure to open.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Trekwolf164 said:
bobbyg said:
I like the first one but change the tire to a Tim Horton's doughnut A
I agree with you Trek, and I think it would be nice to work in the 3 maple leafs from the provincial coat of arms. I think I seen the second one hanging in the post office alreadybut it didn't say Vog of Ontario it just had some numbers under it.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I think we could use this, a picture of Andy. I wonder how he feels. After all he is part of our group too. He could always use aupdate to his Avatar.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Nepper said:
Good idea OT, I'll give it some thought but I've never been the realcreative typeso don't wait for me to come up with something.
Guess What? You came up with something first. LOL
See lead Post for update.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Nepper has a good design, he's got my vote.

p.s. bring the Big Nickel with you on Saturday for photo shoots.
we already have one of OT on a bearskin rug, him riding the Big Nickel would be good.

·
Registered
207 Posts

I like the Nepper design and some of the other ideas sound good too. I would certainly not hesitate to add one to the right arm of my leather jacket to accompany the Victory Riders Club crest or on the left sleeve with the Canadian Flag that I have on that side.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Provincial or State Crest (for USA members)

With Your Provincein the Banner
Ontario Group Crest
VOG of Ontario, Canada, Group Crest

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

I am thinking ofsometing with a small map of Canada with Canadian flag, the province the person comes from could be made a different colorthen backround color and have VOG at top of crest.
Regards

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sutherland said:
I am going to have achanceover the weekend to try are make up what is in my mind, then see what everybody thinks
Regards
With respect for The VOG where we have all met online, the crest in my opinion, should contain The VOG logo.
Andy and his Staff have designed a crest that is easily reconizable to all who belong here onThe VOG.

Toronto
We are having a Victory Riders Meet in Bancroft Ontario this Summer, (the weekend of August 20th) there will be members from The VOG plus some other Victory groups as well.
As we are trying to make this an AnnualCanadain Event,(year 2) some Brothers and Sisters from The USA are showing some interest in attending also.
Registered Ontario (124) Members
This is where The VOG Logo will stand out with either the Province or State listed in the Banner portion on the crest, a small patch can then be added to the bottom as above to show your location within the Province, example, City of Toronto, Sudbury or Stoney Creek.
Where we can get creative is within our smallerbut growing regonial groups, as we did withour VOG of Ontario, Canada group now (92) members

Our local Riding Group, Peak Victory Riders of Burlington, (35 Members) needs some ideas, so be creative.
OT

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.