VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I have a 2014 victory highball, I had a dual air intake installed and an aftermarket exhaust. I also got a power Commander 5 for it and took it to a local shop to get it tuned. After my bike was tuned, I noticed that I had to give it a little bit of gas to start it and hold the throttle for a minute or so before it would idle on its own. I have no experience in tuning bikes, and do not know much about it but im guessing my bike wasn't tuned properly ? Looking for some input and some help as to what anyone thinks I might need to do to get my bike running so that it will just start and idle on its own without having to give it a bit of throttle ? Any thoughts or direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bike drives great and has lots of power, no other issues other than it won't start and idle by itself without giving it a bit of throttle and holding it for a couple of minutes before it will idle on its own. It idles at around 650 rpm but in the manual it says it should idle around 900 which it did before I had it tuned. So I'm guessing the map they used to tune it isn't the right one maybe ?

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Need to talk to the place that did the work and see if they just installed a canned map for the pc5. If so you should get it to a good tuner with a Dyno. Where do you live? Maybe someone can recommend a good Victory tech.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Try resetting the Idle air Control valve. Key on, kill switch off, (like you are going to start it) not running. Turn throttle from 0 to 100% 3 times, shut key off. Let us know if it worked

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
^ that is not the correct procedure.

For an IAC reset:

Key On, Run Switch On .... now turn the bike OFF at the key. You will hear a chatter a few seconds later and then a click. when you hear the click AFTER the chatter. Turn the Key back On.

Repeat that step 4-5 times and that "should" reset the IAC

For pre 08 TPS sensors, you would turn the bike on and roll the throttle from 0-100 using a 5 second count .. hold that wide open for 5 seconds and then let the throttle snap back closed, and then turn the bike off

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Did they unplug your O2 sensors and tune? If they left them in, this is a possibility: they tuned it warmed up running in closed loop. Now when you start it cold, it’s in open loop and doesn’t run right until it’s warm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.