VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading about the new Yamaha Eluder "Transcontinental " bike for 2018. Has similar lines to a Honda F6b with a big vtwin. It would make a nice second bike. Need a lottery win though. They're not cheap.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
No they are not, not cheap at all. If I were serious about this bike I would also want the GT Option package, which bumps the price to $24,000 and even with that you don't get heated grips or the electronic windscreen, which I think is kinda stupid. Those should have been standard features. Plus the bike is huge - the Eluder is 900 pounds. I am not sure I will be able to handle that weight reliably in 7 years, which is why I turned away from it. Well, that and the price. I just cannot pay that much. I am not saying that the bike isn't worth that much really, I'm just saying that is more than I can pay.

Really though, the size and weight of the thing is primarily what made me go in another direction.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Looking at the photos it sure looks like the Yamaha is going to be more top-heavy than the Honda as well. Not fun to ride at low speeds or in the twisties.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand that. Love my Vision but I'm in my 43rd year in construction and the knees are going. May apply for a handicapped bike tag, don't laugh, I've seen them before. I can ride like the wind but it's a chore to walk anymore. I keep kicking, refuse to give up.

·
Registered
858 Posts
IMO, the 2018 Yamaha Venture/Eluder has been upstaged and made obsolete by the new 2018 Honda Goldwing/Goldwing Tour, unless you must have a V-twin or a Yamaha. I'm predicting some discounts on the Yamaha by year end.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have no decision, I already got my Vision.

(Poor grammar is intentional)

I r impecunious so I'll ride Black Sabbath with the zeal of a 20 year old. Bet ya had to look that up. :)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They hurt a lot, but I had sooo much fun kick starting old Bonnevilles with bad carbs while inebriated in my yute.

If money was readily available for my use, I would probably opt for something a little more exotic like a Diavel, or an MGX-21 or this little jewel.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
My concern with the wing is, 1 the riding position and 2 not a V-twin

I really like the looks of the new Eluder but id have to really really want one for that price.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Says the man with a Vision.o_O

Hopefully it's not top heavy.
HA! I know. And today I can handle her just fine. God willing that won't change any time soon. But it could. So I needed to make sure I was well positioned in case it does. And if my beloved Vision is my last heavy, so be it. As cool as the Eluder is, I'm not ready to give up my heavy! And I am lovin the Trophy. It was the right move for me. Friggin awesome bike.

Good on ya for posting up the pictures. Getting another good look at it, I realize that I like the look of the Venture platform over the new Wing.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Here are the actual reviews on the bike.

I didn't realize the Venture had an electric motor to help move the bike. That's pretty badarse! Being a bit heavier than a Vision I think that is a smart move, especially when two up.

From the Yamaha site:
"With Star Venture's Sure-Park™ System, parking maneuvers are a breeze, even fully loaded. Controlled from the handlebar, an electric motor provides forward and reverse drive to assist during tricky parking situations, especially on rough or poor traction surfaces."

The more I watch the more I could see myself on one....not that I will need one for a while but if a meteor took out both my Visions I would look at this first.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've scheduled a test ride locally for March, hopefully after the last albino brain chiggers fall from the sky. I doubt that I'll actually follow through, may go to dealer and fake interest.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.