VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have the stock exhaust bracket they wanna get rid of? Part #5135692-468. Number 6 in the picture below! I'm installing Bassani pipes and they won't fit with the bracket on the bike from my Swepts. Super annoyed and really don't wanna buy a brand new bracket from Victory if I don't have to. I'm hoping somebody out there with after market pipes (which seems like everyone) will be willing to give this paper weight up they have laying around! I'll gladly pay for shipping and throw ya a few extra bucks for helping me out!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I might have mine ...... I will check when I get back home this Saturday .

Peter

Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sooooooo I have a question! Do some exhaust companies require you to cut the frame??? I can't imagine this. But the more I'm getting into my bike/project I'm learning and seeing things I'm not happy about.....

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Sooooooo I have a question! Do some exhaust companies require you to cut the frame??? I can't imagine this. But the more I'm getting into my bike/project I'm learning and seeing things I'm not happy about.....
Even some of the Victory pipes required cutting the frame. When I bought my KP it had Victory Shotgun exhaust, and the frame had been cut and an adapter plate installed. The frame piece is easy to replace, if you can find one that hasn't been cut. They get snapped up pretty quickly when a used one goes up for sale.

Reactions: CPT PYRO

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
That rail is bolted on. Take it off cut the bracket off and put it back on.

White Light Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Reactions: tree1979

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey CPT PYRO, interested in selling me that frame rail section you took off? It exactly what I need to make my Bassani pile fit! And I’m stressing because I have a deadline to get everything on this by the 19th before Lloydz does my dyno

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
so ..... I'm guessing you don't want the one I have .

The reason I asked when your appointment was .....so I could just drop the piece off to the shop prior .....

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
plus .... I'm fairly confidant that Mr.Pyro does not have the entire rail piece to give .....just the piece he cut .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PJRo, I need the whole rail/frame section! I highly doubt that’s what you have? I ordered that bracket piece #6 off Ebay. But when it came in I was still stumped and realized something else was missing. I’m stressingnto get this thing done!!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
My bike when I bought it had swepts on it. Or the XBow. Whatever they are called from Victory as their “performance pipe”. I took them off to install the Bassani and was like WTF. So now I need that frame rail tube section if anyone has that? If not do you think I could get that from Victory themselves?

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Just a question, if you're missing the entire rail, how are your controls mounted?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
This what I have.....
But need the piece that was cut off to bolt the exhaust plus bracket to it.
just bring the bike , and whatever parts you have to your appointment.

call Danny ( from Lloydz ) in the am to tell him what you have and your concerns....

I'm certain they will understand and be able to make it all work. that is what they do.

if you still need my bracket / cut piece , .... I will drop it off for you prior .

no need to stress .....

Peter

Reactions: CPT PYRO
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.