VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride 2015 Magnum and I bought a 11XC tour trunk and for some reason the speakers don’t work.
The speakers were working on the XC bike is there another cable I need to run or look for a plug?

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Not familiar with the Magnum wiring, but could it be that they didn't wire the rear speaker outs to the connector?

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Does your magnum have the saddle bag speakers ? If so then that’s where the wiring went. If not then I would say the magnum may not be set up with the harness for a trunk. Is there a plug on the left side of the bike behind the panel. If there is that would be the plug that runs the trunk lighting and speakers.

Now here’s an alternative. See Yankphans posts.
Get 1 amp and upgrade your stock speakers to do it all. His modified deck will help eliminate all your problems with factory wiring. Just his deck alone puts out more power than the factory unit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does your magnum have the saddle bag speakers ? If so then that's where the wiring went. If not then I would say the magnum may not be set up with the harness for a trunk. Is there a plug on the left side of the bike behind the panel. If there is that would be the plug that runs the trunk lighting and speakers.

Now here's an alternative. See Yankphans posts.
Get 1 amp and upgrade your stock speakers to do it all. His modified deck will help eliminate all your problems with factory wiring. Just his deck alone puts out more power than the factory unit.
There is a plug but Magnums are not set up for the rear speakers unless like u stated it has speakers in lids like X-1.
Do you have a link or something for yankphans posts?

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Just scroll thru “Active Topics “ his posts are recent.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
You can not run the speakers in the trunk on a Magnum due to the Magnum radio is only a 2 channel system you need a 4 channel like in a cross country. To solve this I’m pretty sure you need to install a 4 channel amp. If you search on here there’s plenty of info on how too, plenty on here have done it.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Poseidon has a magnum with 4 channel amp. He did convert to Yankphans deck but he knows how it’s done with a magnum set up.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I was gonna do mine but the Boss claims she hears it just fine when we’re out touring so I let it be. But I listen to my I pod 95% of the time and compared to the FM sound is way better coming thru that

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
View attachment 490683 As requested.... GRUDGE MATCH BETWEEN TWO HEAVYWEIGHT VICTORY'S

Biketoberfest 2018

-my bike is a heavyweight as per SOS rules. As long as Daniel Hearn's bike is still in the same category let's have some fun !!

I don't know......from what I've been reading on the SOS page, Munir Ali might have Daniel opening up that wallet and jump into extreme class !!

Reactions: norpus
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.