VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Smile Hat Sleeve Gesture Flag of the united states
As a retired Navy Chief of 25 years it makes my heart swell with pride to see my sons serving and following in my foot steps. Pictured are my sons Jake, Earle, and Logan from youngest to oldest. The far right is me about 28 years ago.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Definitely cool!

My youngest son is the only one that somewhat followed in my footsteps. I was a Navy Corpsman. He joined the Coast Guard. He is stationed down in your neck of the woods on the Forward.

Reactions: slej and SubDude

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Way, Way cool! I wish them all the best. And I thank them (and you) for their (and your) service.

Reactions: slej

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Awesome!

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
Very cool!

I come from a Navy family on my dad's side.

My great grandfather was in Pearl Harbor.

Then both my grandfather and grandmother were also Navy. He was an engineer and her a nurse.

My dad went to join but was rejected for being color blind.

He ended up joining the police department and I ended up following in his path. I have his badge number and he pinned it to me.

I'm sure you're proud of your boys and I know they're proud of you. We have different but similar paths and I think it's a great traditional y'all have going.

·
Registered
17,921 Posts
View attachment 434145 As a retired Navy Chief of 25 years it makes my heart swell with pride to see my sons serving and following in my foot steps. Pictured are my sons Jake, Earle, and Logan from youngest to oldest. The far right is me about 28 years ago.
I guess that is a son and a son and a son of a sailor...

That is awesome and lord help the women in your lives. Haze gray and underway....

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
I just feel it is so cool seeing families all in some uniform at once.... I personally was in the RAAF and so was at the same time serving I had two older brothers, two uncles in the RAAF and one uncle in the army..... None of us were ever stationed at the same base at the same time though.....

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very cool!

I come from a Navy family on my dad's side.

My great grandfather was in Pearl Harbor.

Then both my grandfather and grandmother were also Navy. He was an engineer and her a nurse.

My dad went to join but was rejected for being color blind.

He ended up joining the police department and I ended up following in his path. I have his badge number and he pinned it to me.

I'm sure you're proud of your boys and I know they're proud of you. We have different but similar paths and I think it's a great traditional y'all have going.
That's awesome!

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
My son did the 'smart thing' and followed in his mothers' footsteps and got his nursing degree right away, had half the college classes done before he was out of high school even. Still trying to get him to at least do reservist. Can't tell you how awesome it is to see all your boys join and serve. My wife is even on him about it, her dad was a retired Air Force guy, so she's very pro-military too. Anyways, congrats to a good looking bunch of squids!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Your glasses are kick ass.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Thank you, and your family, for your service. You are proud, and have every right to be. May God keep them safe.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.