VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle
I was informed by a local Honda dealer that they had access to some 2016 F6B crate bikes. Apparently Honda had some surplus bikes stored in some warehouses. I was able to get one for $15800 with a 3 year unlimited warranty. I'm pretty excited to get my butt in the saddle and put it through its paces!

·
Registered
17,909 Posts
View attachment 431929 I was informed by a local Honda dealer that they had access to some 2016 F6B crate bikes. Apparently Honda had some surplus bikes stored in some warehouses. I was able to get one for $15800 with a 3 year unlimited warranty. I'm pretty excited to get my butt in the saddle and put it through its paces!
Eyeballed them myself, no test ride yet. If I do, probably keep the Boardy, kinda attached. Good Choice and I get it...

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't know, that bike appears to have no soul...
Not to deject, but you nailed it. Ive ridden this bike a few times and its just plain boring. No character... I'd ride HD before the F6B

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@The Fuzz congrats man! I hope this bike works for you. You must let us know how you get on with it. That is a great deal you got on it, BTW

Reactions: The Fuzz

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
If I could have gotten a reverse kit fitted in 2014, that is what I would have had in lieu of my XCT, but was informed that Honda in their wisdom had no way of putting the reverse into them as the gold wing has stock.... Very stripped down from the gold wing stable....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the support. I went with the F6B because of the riding position. My lower back and tailbone just can't handle the forward controls anymore . F6B may not be for everyone but I'm gonna give it try. I will keep you guys up to date on my experience with it.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@CrazyDiavelRider HA! You were reading my mind! Having that sweet 6 at your command has got to be a huge plus. These bikes handle very well also. I just could not make it work because I am too big. Hence La Vizione!

I still wonder how and why I fit so well on the Triumph. Just a different kind of setup, I reckon. Whatever works, I guess! :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Congrats! The F6B was one of the bikes I was interested in. Still might get one some day. Most recently, I wanted something a little lighter and more sporty to add to the stable. You stole it at that price tho. :icon_thumleft:

Reactions: The Fuzz

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't know, that bike appears to have no soul...
OP; Ooopps, I must have miss/half read your OP because I thought you were just looking at them. Now I realize you bought one. I apologize because I would not openly want to rain on someone's parade or try and make them feel bad about their choice with my personal opinion, which really should only matter to me and if negative be kept to me unless asked for it. Enjoy the new bike I bet it will serve you well.

I will interpret no soul for you, runs like silk.
That could be someone's interpretation.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OP; Ooopps, I must have miss/half read your OP because I thought you were just looking at them. Now I realize you bought one. I apologize because I would not openly want to rain on someone's parade or try and make them feel bad about their choice with my personal opinion, which really should only matter to me and if negative be kept to me unless asked for it. Enjoy the new bike I bet it will serve you well.

That could be someone's interpretation.
No worries HenryT. I respect others opinions. Thanks for the apology but it wasn't necessary.
Ride safe

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm 6'2" and have had 6 back surgeries. I'd never give up my XC for a F6B after having ridden one. To me they are much like HD's - you sit on them rather than "in" them and did not care for the way they felt whatsoever. The thing is.... if the F6B feels better to you, by all means go for it, just as I did with my second XC!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update:
I have put 2000 miles on my new bike and figured I would give some feedback on the experience. The bike is super smooth, powerful and handles very nice. However, I do miss the V-Twin sound and feel. The suspension is no where close the my old XC. The F6B has a firm sporty suspension where u feel every bump in the road. I miss the XC suspension's amount of travel. The riding position is very different. I definitely feel like I'm sitting on the bike and not down in the bike. My back and tailbone seem to do better but not a 100% fix. I do have a custom Hartco seat coming to hopefully help with that. Overall, the F6B is a very nice bike but it's not my old XC. I'm sure it will be a reliable bike but I think I prefer the V-Twin engine and sound. Too bad Polaris kicked us in the nuts, I would have probably bought an Indian instead of the Honda. Oh well, live and learn. Ride safe folks!

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
As for duty our guys were just given a wider range of choices. Several years ago you could have a HD Road King or Electra Glide, Wing, or some other Honda. Then they went back to the days off old with only HD. Now they opened it back up to HP, Wing, or even a BMW option. The only catch is you have to have a tour pack to store a computer and ticket writer so that cancels out the F6B. If I was solo I would probably still go with the Wing. That smoothness has to be a better day in the office. Plus it won't be loud and drowning out your radio, both good times and work.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.