VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on the forumfor a while as i was off on vacation. I just got the last of my Victory accessories installed today. I put on the tack kit, heated grips, lower wind deflectors, backrest, cross country floorboards, and the clear bra kit. Overall I am verypleased with how everything went together. The heated grips and tach kit were a breeze to install. In the headlight pod are all the electrical hookups ready to plug into for both. Instructions were good. The heated grips are very uniform in heat all the way around unlike my Suzukis that had hot & cold spots. The backrest is pretty cool the way it quick releases to take it off and wife gives it two thumbs up for comfort. The lower deflectors are pricey, but were easy to put on & high quality.The floor boards were a real pain as you need to take off almost the entire exhasut system to put on the right floorboard bracket. Again wife really likes the boards over the pegs. The only item I regret is the clear bra set for$100. For $100 you get only4 little pieces of the clear bra, 2 for the side panels and 2 for the saddle bag lids. the baglid pieces only cover the front 1/2 of the bad lid. I have not put them on top of the bags yet. Not sure how good it will look only covering 1/2 the bag lid. Overall I have 1000 miles on the bike & love it.It handles far better in the mountains than I expected, is extremely comfortable &gas milage has been in the high 40's.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Pictures, Gots to have pictures

·
Registered
35 Posts
Be ready for a struggle applying the saddlebag bra's. It is tough trying to get out all the air bubbles and getting them to stretch around the curves of the saddlebags. When I installed mine onebra ended up with a fold in it and I was unable to work it out. Overall they don't look too bad, but very pricey for what you get in the kit.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
sl_narz said:
Be ready for a struggle applying the saddlebag bra's. It is tough trying to get out all the air bubbles and getting them to stretch around the curves of the saddlebags. When I installed mine onebra ended up with a fold in it and I was unable to work it out. Overall they don't look too bad, but very pricey for what you get in the kit.
Is this stuff really worth all the trouble guys? Unless you're getting stonechips, I just don't see it. If I get a scuff a little polishing compound and wax does the trick for me.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Maybe I'm crazy, but rock chips bother me a great deal or even the thought of getting them. I had the fairing on my Cross Country done with 3M along with the front fender, tank (for rub marks), the side covers, and the top, front, and rear of the bags. Now I don't worry so much about problems with the paint. I also had parts of the tank, the side covers and part of the front fender done on my Hammer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that is why I haven't bothered to put on the saddle bag bras. I don't think they willl look that great to offset whatever scuffs I may get. Plus I'll most likely screw them up & get airbubble under them !On a side note, the lower fork wings seem to make a very big difference in wind buffetting. It used to bother me a little bit above60mph, but those wings pretty much took away 90% of it. I also like having a tach. I know it is kinda silly on a motor like this, but afterhaving a tach on every bike I ever have owned,I missed not having one. The little digital readout just didn't do it for me! Just did a 185 mile trip from Boulder to Frisco & back & got 46 mpg. Not too bad!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

FWIW -
The Kaw Nomad lowers are very similar to Vics. They cost less and mount the same way. Another member somewhere posted this - I doan remember where. Of course, making lowers from lexan and getting the mounting brackes or making your own is a snap - all it takes is patience. I think I have made about 8 sets so far... certainly less cost than Vic.
YMMV, fb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.