VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to blip the throttle to down shift and it acted like there was no fuel or something almost wanting to die. I was few miles from home didn’t wanna stop. Got home and it only does it when I smack the throttle quick. U can here the filter trying to suck and and the engine sounds shut off. Any ideas? I’m going to get new plugs tomorrow. It’s a 2014 Vegas 106 with aftermart programmer. I’ll get a pic of the plug soon, thanks!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Vics don't like the to be bliped try to refrain from doing it .

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ah yes guilty of skimming and not reading all the email properly. An aftermarket programmer according to other threads on here usually helps with this problem . jmstang302 is right changing some settings will help . Good luck .

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Don't blip the throttle. Especially on the 08 and newer. The ECM reads this as an over-rich condition (because you just shot a ton of fuel and then cut of the air by closing the throttle), and then reacts by shutting off the fuel. An add on tuner won't help this situation. A ECM tuner, like a Maximus, may help, but not sure. There have been a lot of conversations about why people blip the throttle (rev. matching, etc.), but Victories don't like it and don't need it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn’t know I can adjust the programmer myself. Do I need a laptop to do it? Also this could be the problem but I forgot to mention,I took off the charcoal canister and just stuck a little foam filter in the ends of the lines. Do they need to be capped or left to breath? I did this about a week ago

·
Registered
685 Posts
Don't blip the throttle. Especially on the 08 and newer. The ECM reads this as an over-rich condition (because you just shot a ton of fuel and then cut of the air by closing the throttle), and then reacts by shutting off the fuel. An add on tuner won't help this situation. A ECM tuner, like a Maximus, may help, but not sure. There have been a lot of conversations about why people blip the throttle (rev. matching, etc.), but Victories don't like it and don't need it.
This is one of the reasons we buy tuners, so we can ride the bike like we want to. I have a Maximus and no longer worry about that issue.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
This is one of the reasons we buy tuners, so we can ride the bike like we want to. I have a Maximus and no longer worry about that issue.
As I stated above, the Maximus may fix the problem (not too familiar with that tuner), but the add on tuners like the PC-V won't. They only add fuel or take it away compared to the ECM tune. If the ECM is still cutting fuel when a rider blips the throttle, the bike will still cut out. If the controller on the bike now is a Lloydz VFC, it will do even less to help the problem than the PC-V is capable of doing, as it can't respond to throttle position like the PC-V can. Just putting information out there.

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
I didn't know I can adjust the programmer myself. Do I need a laptop to do it? Also this could be the problem but I forgot to mention,I took off the charcoal canister and just stuck a little foam filter in the ends of the lines. Do they need to be capped or left to breath? I did this about a week ago
Take the filter off no need for it and bike should run fine with out the canister

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just let it breath free?i read some guys plug one of the ends, what do the hoses go to?

I took the seat of and it’s a Dyno jet power commander V. Can I reset it or how do I make it work right?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’m going to get some new plugs tomorrow. Had them put them in will call last night then go pick them up and he can’t find them and I didn’t remember the plug number so that was a waste of time, luckily it was out of the way but a mile. I’ll just go to the one that’s on the way home and that’s a lot smaller shop too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.